Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regeneron Great Limerick Run 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Sussex18

According to email finish is at the Augustinian Church. Was it a block further up before? Not been in town for a few weeks but the roadworks must be filled in?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Roadworks look far from finished. I was in there late last week. I dunno. Hard to see how that will all be done and cleared up but the email says so! I dont really care whether the finish is on William St or oconnell St. What I wouldn't like is a congested half arsed finish on a street half taken up with roadworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

If only they'd dig up the road around the gaelic grounds so have to avoid that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JMSE

Looking forward to the full on Sunday, haven’t done Limerick before excepting last years virtual😃 in Meath, plan A is to get under 2 55, plan B is to be close to plan A. I’ve done flat Berlin twice and calved on both, and I’ve done draggy ones like DCM and Thoroughbred Kildare and got on better so flat isn’t everything for me. What I really hope for is slack wind and ten degrees would do very nicely please and thanks 🙏🏿.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JMSE

Oh and the T-shirt, first thing I noticed was them not bothering to put the year on it, can’t have that lads. Congrats to them though pulling this off hopefully given the past few years’ gloom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭opus

My entry from 2020 has me in this, will be interesting as (for reasons I won't bore anyone with) I've done precisely one long run, that being the 25k Cork to Carrigaline event last Sunday. I'm hoping the many marathons in my legs will get me to the finish. I suspect it might be ugly however :)

Best of luck to everyone taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JimmyChew

Likewise with the medal, no year on it I think. Hedging their bets on those things, I would imagine when the medals/T-shirts were ordered we were in a different place covid wise. But I agree that getting the event off and running wasn't easy this year. There may be issues on the day but no different to any mass participation event. Best of luck to the Team organizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Toffeeboy

Finish line looks like being in the usual place. Seems a bit messy outside supermacs. Seems to be a drop/step down in the road. Could be a few bollards or narrow section before the finish line

Depending where you are and depending on which race that could be a right pain in the hole..I'm hopeful it wont matter to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Dante

My calf exploded in a training run last week so I have a spare ticket/race number for the marathon if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

where u based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Dante

I'm in Malahide if thats any use to you.

Thanks, but I assume the race number was posted out to? Too far from limerick.

Does anyone know if they close the Ennis road to cars on race day?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've done this race pretty much every year since it started and I'm genuinely not sure 🤔

It's closed from the Gaelic Grounds up I think but I have a vague recollection of them allowing some cars in and out

Cheers lad. Trying to figure out where the missus could get access to see me on that side of town (with three kids) with rain predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I say if they park at the Jetland and then stroll up towards the Gaelic Ground where they would actually get to see you twice as the course loops in and around the residential area there.

That's assuming that the course hasn't changed...I haven't checked the map tbh

Nope its exactly the same route. We had planned on her being at the link road from Ennis road to Brookville avenue but thats 100% closed. We actually live just down from the GAA grounds...Good idea with Jetland..At worst they would be able to get in to Jetland from the Clonmacken side if the Ennis Road is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,014 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

First time attempting a half-marathon. I've been in Limerick for this run a few times and there is always a good buzz, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Any first timer tips?! Aiming for around the 2 hour mark.

• Advertisement

Keep it sensible for the first couple of miles, try and fall in with group. Can't recall if there's a 2hr pace group for the half. Save something for the ennis road hill as it hits you at a tough time in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Pretty much the exact same as me. First half marathon and aiming for the 2 hour mark but not going to chase it too much. Looking forward to it and let's hope the rain stays away!

Afaik there is a pacer for 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Yes, it's pretty much closed, this was dropped into my parents' house by Mayorstone Garda.

Best of luck to all the runners, doing the full myself. 👍🏻

Have done the Limerick Half plenty of times, and 5 full marathons elsewhere (the last one in 2018), but have never run the Limerick Full so looking forward to it.

Great stuff thanks for that. Best of luck with the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JimmyChew

@Fitz* There is a 2 hour pacer. If they are any good they will know the course and bank a little time where possible to allow a little bit of buffer for the bigger longer drags. Just get into the group and see if you can hang on for dear life 😜

@Swashbuckler fam could post up in the car if raining around the housing estate behind the Gaelic Grounds? Should be somewhere to park up and have the car handy for shelter if needed. Could enter from the far side by Brookville ave.

Cheers for that Jimmy. We have a couple of good options.

Does anyone know where there are toilets on the route? I'm doing the Full.

Every water station I believe. If you look at the route map isn't that what the lady and men's symbol means?

I've barely looked at the map, thanks

• Advertisement

Finish line is still one lane as of half an hour ago.

Advertisement