Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm down as always, provided I'm not in work and so far this year I haven't been on shift whenever I've wanted to do anything so fingers crossed!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I should be able to attend as well. Been away too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Big thumbs up from me too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks for responding.

I'll look at a date.

Things have been a little difficult here, my father passed late last year and my mam has taken ill in the past few days.

I probably won't have an idea of a date until things are stabilised here.

But, if someone else wants to fire away and plan something, please do.

Master of the Universe

Sorry to hear that, hope you're managing okay and don't feel under any pressure at all - I'm sure we can all sort something out a little further down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sorry to hear Ciderman!

I'm down for this when anybody wants to do so. I'll do an antigen test before meeting up too in order to ease people's minds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry to hear that Ciderman. Hope everything works out for you. Hoping to see you all again. Been too long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Things are picking up here, my mam is recovering well and so on.

My son is doing his Leaving in a month but, after that, perhaps a meet up in mine?

Anyways, let me know

Family come first. Best of luck for the young lad doing the leaving cert!

Anyone interested in an A&R get together?

Perhaps the 26th?

Let me know!

• Advertisement

If it's August the 26th then I should be free.

If people are happy with it, I will start moving the spiders out, they like some notice

Master of the Universe

Thanks for the invite! I'd love to but my next three weekends are all booked out! :( turned into a very busy time of the year.

Hi, I'm going to push this back until maybe September

I've a busy September. Hopefully I can go.

Post edited by Retr0gamer on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

https://whenavailable.com/plan or some such tool might be useful to find a day that might work for the most

So, are folks interested in a Christmas Beers this year?

Happy to host

Sign me up

This doesn't seem to be gaining any traction and that is okay.

Hopefully we can get together in the new year

Master of the Universe

Thanks for putting it out there, really appreciate it.

I've ever weekend now until the new year booked out with stuff unfortunately. Dont think I've a lot going on in January though if folks might be up for something then?

• Advertisement

Could work alright, we'll see how the January works out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Jan is a good idea, something to look forward too after the Xmas excitement passes

Didn't see this at first, I'm always up for a retro night provided I'm not working and if I am working, have enough time to book an annual leave day!

Does seem to have been a busy year, trying to plan anything with friends the last couple of months has been a bloody ball ache.

Yep, it has been a very trying year for many of us, as well as myself personally.

Not without its highs, but with lows I never experienced before.

On the up-and-up now, I think, or at least it is the Christmas bounce in full-effect!

It would be great to see folk once again, as it has been literal years since we've gotten together.

And, just to say, this is not a thing that I take ownership of, we can get together in a pub, club, houses, whatever.

As long as two or more of us gather, so Arcade and Retro gaming will be!

And don't forget the playing of terrible, terrible videogames.

So, this one then?

Master of the Universe

Still bloody missing my PCB of that! hah. Literally bought an original Taito board for a beers in my place as a joke in Clontarf years ago, played it once, stored it away, went to bring it out for the beers and it was gone. Still missing to this day!

I have myself convinced it's somewhere among my jamma boards but have yet to come across it... just had a look through my emails and I haven't seen it since it since 2013.. 😂 absolutely bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I vote yis play Godzilla on the NES. Still holds top spot for my most hated game on the system.

Master of the Universe

Don't think I've ever played that... is it really REALLY awful?

• Advertisement

Just had a quick look there and it's a decent looking NES game. it's also one of those games that fills the screen with unavoidable shite. Usually see that in western jank.

Also wondering why if it's a Godzilla game so the let's plays have way more playing as mothra than Godzilla?

Advertisement