Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey Fault

• 26-04-2022 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

got a 265 that was starting always fine but this time he has been not started as 8 weeks and went to start it this morning and give it some heat but not start,

I see it has got the CAV Pump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Give it a tow or jump leads?

Battery might be down a bit and not enough juice to start it after 8 weeks idle and a cool night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭minerleague

What is it doing when you turn key? as jimmy says above battery first option, clean the terminals of any build-up and where earth joins chassis

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Archer272

battery fine and has high speed starter, it turning over the best but won't start

• Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Check the stopper is fully closed, both in the cab and at the pump

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Archer272

all ok, i opened 2 injectors and turned engine overbut no diesel coming, tractor was starting fine before and now this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Change the diesel filters, they may have turned to mush if there was water lying in them when it was parked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Open the bleed screw on the injection pump and hand pump to see if fuel is reaching there first. If not, open the fuel pipe on the tank side of the diesel filter and blow air back into the tank. Take the cap off first. Might be dirt in the tank preventing diesel getting out. Have a look at the fuel filters to see they're not too dirty. Hand pump too, open that and clean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭DBK1

That’d be my first port of call too, any time there’s an airlock on the 135 here it’s blocked at the tank.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

With them pumps if s little bit of water has got at them the stopper can stick.pull the stopper back and forth quickly a few times and VERY LIGHTLY tap the top of the the pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I suspect the stopper if it was left pulled out. They have a tendancy to seize in the stop position.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Any progress OP? Might be easier if someone is with you as the lift pump is on one side of the engine and injector pump is on other side. Set the phone up to record what's happening at the injector pump while you pump the other side is a desperate option but works.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement