Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unsure if its a scam website/Call/Text?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Eh, almost every 5 star review is from someone that has only ever written that review and not a single other review.

I've looked at my trustpilot reviews and almost all reviewers have made numerous other reviews.

Hence you can be fairly certain that these are all fake reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah should have elaborated on the reviews. Way too many copy paste for it to be legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

I would run a mile. No way I would order from them based on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Yeah, run a mile. My own post at the top of this page refers to them too. Was in much the same situation as yourself, in looking for something that was difficult to source at the time, but too many red flags over that site for me to take a chance on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Clicabox.com is without any doubt a scam site.

The so-called Cro registration is a business name registration at a residential address in Meath.

Their terms and conditions are against distance selling regulations in that they will not accept returns.

They accept amex but not PayPal because of cost? Amex are more expensive than PayPal. Also amex don't operate in Ireland.

So I would be 100% certain that clicabox.com is a scam website that should be avoided

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CheezePleeze

I'm selling my electric guitar online.

I get this eager buyer, wants to buy without trying out the guitar.

Sends me a link to paysmode: https://fastway.paysmode.com/cash73160672

COMPLETE SCAM - You've got to put in your full card details.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eliza_irl

Hi Darc19,

I am the owner of the website.

And I am absolutely disgusted with the false allegations here.

I do hope that You realise that slander online without any kind of proof, is illegal and a company can take legal action against You for damaging its name online.

For Your information, Clicabox.com is a legit website, registered to a home address- as we are a very small business,that only operates online. And our offices are home based.

We do not have offices outside of that as of yet, other than our storages. Your reasons for calling us a scam, are very misleading. Also, it is devastating to see how lightly people write things without verifying them and cause a damage to the business.

We have been on the market for almost 1.5 years, that is how long we have been selling for. with of course some negative feedbacks out there, just like any other businesses- You can not always keep everyone happy. However, about 99.9% would reccomend us to others.If You actually researched properly You would be able to find feedback on adverts, 100% postive and trustpilot, where we have asked our customers to write feedback.

Our customers are always invited and asked to leave feedback. As a small business, the feedback matters to us, and we learn from it.

However, Your opinion isnt a valuable feedback to the business, it is misleading and offensive.

For Your information, the payments listed below by Yourself are actually handled by shopify itself, where we are always charged the same rate per payment. ( shopify handles it ) if we were to add Paypal, it would mean that we would have to pay shopify fees and paypal. Also, paypal is not reliable form of payment for us the sellers, as there are people out there who will receive their item, lie & try and claim money back. As a small business we can not let that happen to us. So we are trying to protect ourselves.

By reading some of the opinions on here, I have definitely taken on board the red flags that You all have mentioned and this is something that me and my business partner will work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Not strictly website related but - -someone i don't know transferred €250 into my paypal account today - i'm not selling anything anywhere at the moment, is this tee'ing up for a scam?😶

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Anj1813

Be careful guys. Any end of domain, domain extension different than ".com" or ".ie" is suspicious. You can see here ".in" India 🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,123 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

any text message claiming to be from An Post containing a link to pay customs charges is a scam irrespective of what the domain extension is. the legit messages contain a reference number and tell you to go to the An Post website to pay it but do not include a link. this is what a legit message looks like. the top number is a tracking number, the bottom one is the customs reference

Post edited by ohnonotgmail on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone bought from a site called Xtreme Inn / Trade Inn? Want to get these here but unsure of it is a Chinese site or where they are shipping from, if it could be counterfeit product etc

https://www.tradeinn.com/xtremeinn/en/dc-shoes-crisis-2-trainers/138152486/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=13339567&country=ie&gclid=CjwKCAjw9qiTBhBbEiwAp-GE0Rfcor9XH8gKe0xT3TX98d4cMb8bQ9L0lUuNcY17bP91WjEtoJY4cRoCJZUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I've bought before from their Tennis site. Everything was ok, multiple payment options. Also offer quite a few different delivery options.

Interesting to read this from you here.

For the record, I don't believe myself that clicabox is a scam website, as in entirely fraudulent. I believe that if I ordered something from you, I'd eventually get something. But there are still several reasons why I wouldn't order from you, and since you say you welcome feedback, here are some of those reasons:

• What appears to be blatant disregard for the Customer Rights Directive (CRD). This is EU law, and you can't just pick and choose. Under CRD, customers are entitled to a physical address and phone number - but you don't provide either. And far worse is how you completely ignore your obligations under the "cooling off" provision. You cannot simply say you don't accept returns unless the item is faulty. Under EU law, you must accept returns within 14 days.
    • The overall poor design of basic elements of your website suggests a very unprofessional operation. Consider using transparent PNG images of items for sale, rather than white background JPEGs against the off-white colour of the web page itself. Alternatively, use thin frames around the item images. And you should definitely re-size all the images to a uniform size, instead of some being taller than others.
    • The English on your FAQ page - where I might normally look for reassurance - is also very unprofessional. It's full of poor punctuation and unnecessary capitalisation, with some questionable sentence structure in there too. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
    • Frankly, I find some of your claims literally incredible. For example: "All of the products that are available online are in stock". I simply don't believe that if I were to right now order a near 10-metre swimming pool (€2,000), a 7-metre one (€1,580), five different types of e-bikes, and four different sets of patio furniture, that you've got it all in stock right now, ready to ship out. But I stand to be happily corrected, maybe by you putting up a picture of these items in whatever massive warehouse you must use in order to store all these "in stock" items?
    • Realistically, to have all items on your website in stock would mean you'd be sitting on hundreds of thousands (or possibly even millions) worth of stock. This doesn't tally with being a small business operating from a home address, and with a basic Shopify website.

I strongly suspect you're simply a dropshipping operation, and this in itself would explain your illegal 'no returns' policy. There's nothing wrong in essence with dropshipping, but you still have to comply with the law. Your refusal to do so is the main reason I wouldn't shop with you myself, and why I'd advise others against it too. If you won't even comply with statutory obligations, I'd expect your 'regular' customer service wouldn't exactly be top-notch either.

I hope this feedback is useful to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thanks whiterebel, good to know someone has used it without trouble. And yeah delivery for runners from Spain is only 6.99 which is decent so will go ahead and order, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ I've bought from them as well, many times. Would definately recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

My mother was abroad, and while she was she missed a load of calls from an Irish number ( +353 86 020 5296 ). She tried to ring back a few times but got nothing.

Since she has arrived home she got more of them, and tried ringing back. Today she was able to answer the call and they said it was amazon but she couldn't understand much else. She said it was spoken really slow - "AM... A... ZON..." but nothing else.

I have blocked the number now as I was around and she told me about it. She has an amazon account from years ago, she literally only used to set up a fire tablet that she never looked at.

She has free Amazon Prime with eir, that she doesn't use.

They are the only two links we can think of between her and amazon, not that I think it is amazon, but I don't get what the scam is. It is or at least seems to be an Irish number that doesn't answer.

Has anyone else received these (missed) calls? Is it a scam, or (highly unlikely) are amazon really really eager to contact her?

EDIT - Just found the number here, somebody else reported it today - https://www.phonenumbers.ie/number/0860205296

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It's going on for probably the last 2 years. They are spoofing the numbers. A variation on the "Garda" or "Dept of Social Welfare"

Mod - I'm moving this thread to the scam thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Deregos.

5 scam calls so far today all from different numbers, these dickheads seem to be increasing the number of calls to my phone lately. I'm self employed and my number is online so I think thats where they must be finding it unfortunately. I ignore & block them but it's still a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Got a text from Addresspal earlier, details as follows

Hi, AddressPal UK received an item for <ME>. If you are expecting an item, email APW number & invoice to AddressPalEnquiries@airbusiness.com. Quote XXX.

Is this a new thing from them? I've never gotten it before and have used AP multiple times. Got no email and when I log in to my AP account there is nothing showing there. Now as it happens, I am expecting something however its an item from a private seller so I don't have an invoice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Airbusiness.com email domain seems strange

If your name is similar to others they send out a message to see if people of a similar name are waiting for a parcel. Airbusiness are their agent in the UK.

Cool. Sure I'll ping them a mail tomorrow and see what the story is. Obviously won't provide them with anything useful. Will update in here too incase anyone else gets similar.

Seems it was genuine but they are requesting stuff that's never been requested before.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Gamergurll

I really thought I was clued up on scams 😂

Anyway, I'm shopping for a new bed and had a browse on Facebook marketplace. There are tonnes of adverts for beds all with copy and paste, they're free delivery and cash on delivery. I messaged a few before I twigged they couldn't be genuine but the sellers never asked for deposit etc. They're all new and fake profiles and I don't think there are that amount of furniture companies near to rural Donegal!

Anyway I can't wrap my head around this one, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Some Russian C*ntbag tried this one on me today. Apparently located near Crimea.

He contacted me about something I am selling on donedeal and tells me he wants to use this handy service where DPD looks after the payment. After he "sets up" the delivery I am sent a link to "dpd.deliveryuz.online" to presumably fill in my credit card details - I didn't open the link, knew enough when I saw it

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

This is what he also said to me after I outed him 😂

Might not be a "scam" as such. Could be just a case of somebody selling that sort of stuff, and who's willing to deliver to Donegal. They know there's more chance of Donegal people seeing their adverts if the ads say that they're in Donegal themselves, so they put up countless ads saying so. You'll probably find the same people have the same ads for Sligo, Leitrim, or wherever else in that region.

Fact that the ads are on Facebook Marketplace is particularly relevant here since the listings are free, so you can set up as many as you like under as many profiles as you can get away with.

So, while probably not entirely honest, probably not an actual scam either, in that you'd end up with a bed and they'd end up with no more from you than the price you actually agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

www.ths.ie

What do people think? Put in my details to make a purchase but it doesn't complete. Now they have my details and I have made no purchase. Started to look around the site then and most pages have no content. Getting nervous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

I ordered through an Irish retailer on Saturday.

this evening I received an email from an post saying:

Your package is on the way.

Processing and delivery fees are pending. Proceed with the settlement of those fees to release the package and obtain a tracking ID.

ContinueContact us

O'Connell Street

Dublin 1

D01 NX4

contact@anpost.com

Now clicking on the tab doesn’t bring me to an “An Post” web address. They want €2.99.

seconds after receiving this I got a text message again supposedly from an post wanting €1.99 with a link. Link I won’t post but says it’s a dangerous link.

obviously it’s a scam, but as I have only used this one retailer, either two things have occurred.

1. the retailer has been hacked
    2. An Post systems have been hacked.

going to phone both in the morning.

Have never given my information to an post….and first time ordering from this company…Home Store and more.

Advertisement