Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shining Girls - apple tv+

Options
  • 06-02-2022 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭

New Elisabeth Moss show.

Looks very interesting! Coming in April.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Early reviews are terrific.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Moss certainly has the CV to carry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,997 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Finished episode one...Moss is outstandingly good...very intrigued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched all episodes over the weekend. Liked it. I think if I hadn't seen a brief description of it, I may have been a bit confused. Still am though. 🤔

So many times I thought it was Tom Holland instead of Jamie Bell for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

thanks all! that's tonight sorted

4 episodes out so far with, I think, 4 to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

An unsettling first episode, capturing the lead's internal, physical and mental state. Michelle MacLaren directing.

Moss is behind the camera on episode 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

2 episodes in, but I wonder...

Does the opening scene of a broken window pane give a hint to how many different versions, in episode 2 there was 3 pieces of the glass. 1 being the cat in the apartment with her mother, 2 being the dog and the mother and 3 the cat again (is it the same name) and her work colleague who is now her partner

Are we getting a new version each time the killer strikes.

The fact that she copes so well with everything changing must mean it happens an awful lot.

Also noticed her face looks very different in some shots, like its another person (possibly multiple personalities too)

I'm liking it, Elisabeth Moss is knocking it out of the park.

@CastorTroy I keep seeing Tom Holland too 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seemed a very rushed finale in the end or just badly editted.

Yeah, everything moved so quickly in the finale. And definitely a show where best not to ask how things work. Maybe the book clarifies things. Or everything is left vague so the rules can't be questioned.

Yes there seems to be a lot missing for the ending there on how the whole thing works maybe there will be answers in a second season if it gets renewed

That sixth episode was a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Started watching this on spec without first idea what it was about on the strength of it being an Elizabeth Moss vehicle. First episode confusing, but falls into place more in the second. Genuinely creepy in the second episode. Very mysterious. At first blush, it seems Jamie Bell character

can time travel.

Moss fantastic in it, as expected.

Excellent show. Glad I don't watch trailers - only watched the trailer for this after I finished watching the series, and this is best going in blind if WTF'ery is your gig.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Only watched the first two episodes of this but really digging the supernatural and deeply creepy vibes. Not sure where it's going but keen to know more. Elizabeth Moss does a good line in harassed, and really carries that sense of the universe basically gaslighting her at every turn.

My only wonder is having been burnt lately, if this is a limited series that finishes its story by season's end - or is a season 1 with more to come.

It works well as a one-and-done, with a satisfying finale. That's not to say you're not left with some residual questions. The ending apparently reflects that of the book upon which it is based, but the structure and content is supposed to have some big differences, which the book, as would be expected, gives greater clarity to. Without going into spoilers, although there is potential for a second series, I doubt it work. The episodes are fairly well wrapped up by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is this show a miniseries with an ending or a cancelled series ?

Advertisement