Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASCAR 2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I hadn't a clue this is back on - sorry I missed it. Reminder for anyone else - Indycar this wekend...Racin' is back!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Keselowski set the precedent during the race on at least two occasions and wasn't penalised, Cindric stretched the limits aswell at the finish on his teammate Blaney to take the win though if he didn't do it Bubba may have sneaked the win at the expense of Penske. As it's close restrictor plate racing at Daytona Nascar has nearly always defaulted the benefit of doubt over questionable blocking but these carnage finishes have been getting worse recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Was at the race,really good racing,except in stage 2,where they ran single file for lap after lap.The Cindric win was popular enough,Bubba did'nt get booed at driver introductions,the amount of trump t-shirts was off the scale,have never seen the likes of it at Daytona before,and 50% of the crowd had a Chase cap or t-shirt,they did'nt have much to cheer about.The Fords dominated the race,but I'd say the lads in Dearborn are still trying to figure out how Truex won both stage's !!

Post edited by easygoing39 on

• Registered Users Posts: 37,320 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tough track tonight, as the race goes on the wall becomes the only place to be. Very tough on tyres too, you'll see somebody take a gamble to try have an extra set in the pits for a late caution because you can make up huge ground in a shirt time with fresh tyres.

I'm liking Kyle Busch, Chase Elliott, Joey Logano and potential shock winner Ricky Stenhouse jr. for tonight's race.

Las Vegas Motor Speedway on now. It's a great fast track. Be great to watch the fast runners starting at the back making their way up the field.

• Advertisement

It'll be interesting to see if Trackhouse can build on that performance. Great to see another team challenge the established powerhouses.

Talladega... Big wreck just now. Such close racing with these new aero spec cars.

I think it was 24 cars finished the race, there wasn't a big one which is a rare occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

There was a big one - just earlier in the race , there was a 'small ' one at the end with Kurt and Bubba wrecking ,Hamlin getting into a bit of bother after a tweet about Larsons involvement

Byron literally rammed by Joey Logano on the last lap to take victory.

I know it's nascar but that's ridiculous.

Few big wrecks as well , the 2311 team victims again.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't like that drivers get away with moves like that. I don't mind the side to side action but not from behind.

Logano has done that a lot in his career.

Felt sorry for Kyle Busch and Chastain, they had great cars.

Looks like Kimi is off to NASCAR with Trackhouse racing! Should be great fun watching him, starting in August.

"Team Trackhouse, PROJECT91 and Kimi Raikkonen are here and ready to activate the intersection of NASCAR racing and global motorsport culture in a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. Appearing in the NASCAR Cup Series race on the road course at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International on Aug. 21, PROJECT91 is a program designed to push the guardrails and expand our international reach."

https://www.trackhouse.com/project-91

Kimi in the #91 is a one off drive this season. Watkins Glen should suit Kimi a lot more than his previous oval outings.

Great PR for Nascar and Track house following the disasterous Texas all stars debacle where for many the line between entertainment and sport was crossed. That Nascar admitted the last second yellow was unnecessary speaks volumes.

Charlotte 600 mile race this weekend should be a lot better.

Trackhouse are a serious outfit. They are already up there with the top teams and that's seriously impressive.

Trackhouse flying again in the Coca Cola 600. They are currently first and second with Suarez taking stage 2 from Chastain.

I've never seen a 600 like this one. So many cars out already, loads of cars just losing it and most say they didn't feel it coming.

Denny Hamlin has had a rough day, won qualifying and was good in practice but has been falling back all night. Suddenly he's appeared in the top ten again.

Denny Hamlin started on pole, struggled all night and woke up in overtime to win it. Lots of unlucky drivers last night, Chase Elliott, Kurt Busch, Ryan Blaney and Denis Suarez were all legitimate contenders to win but didn't get to finish the race.

Sonoma race on now and it's on Freesports on satellite TV!

I don't think anybody would have predicted the top four in that race.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Larsons Tactics were madness really . the lack of a lot of passing other than barging or letting them bye didnt help the entertainment

Daniil will be racing stock this weekend. 7pm on Sunday on Premier Sports 2.

• Advertisement

So this is it. Kimi returns to Nascar this evening starting 27th in the #91 car for Trackhouse Racing at Watkins Glen at 8pm this evening Irish time.

Coverage begins on Premier Sports 2 at 7.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

And it's raining so looking like there won't be any action for a while.

First time driving these next gen cars in the wet. Should be interesting to see how Kimi and Danil get on. Will their experience of driving in wet weather help them?

drying very quick . elliot just keeping in the race

No such thing as track limits with these guys. Maybe Kimi needs to start getting out there to take a few more places. Doing really well so far with a highest position of 8th so far! Pitted for feul before the end of stage two so is running in 25th with his current strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Well that is that. He did very well for his first race. Pity it ended prematurely. Will be interesting to see who else gets a seat in the 91 when they do it again.

As for Danil, the less said the better I think.....

AJ in fourth and a restart coming, he's just so good that anything could happen here.

Aj never got near him last night and didnt tonight . rough on elliot

Kimi certainly impressed. I hope he gets another go at it. Project 91 is interesting. Imagine even Vettel having a go in these cars. Provided they're setup well, and just not a back marker team I think any F1 driver would excel in Nascar road course race.

AJ finishing second both nights is incredible. It was clear he didn't have nearly the best car either night but still manages second both nights. If you put him in a Hendrick car last night he'd have won it by a street. He's miles better than anybody on a road course.

• Advertisement

Daytona is on at the moment. Intense close racing on this super speedway. Mental stuff.

Advertisement