Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Planning Permission Granted Announcement

• 26-04-2022 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Is there a secret place to find out when planning is granted, I notice on a lot of councils websites the "Lists" are 2-3 weeks old but in the meantime newspapers etc... are talking about planning being approved last week/yesterday etc.... Is there a secret place these are announced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,002 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They would be likely looking at the individual applications that the article is referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭eusap

@Mellor but even the individual application pages take a week or two to show up, i notice the website planning alerts shows some from yesterday etc... wonder where they get the info from

• Registered Users Posts: 33,204 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If they made a submission/observation on it, they get notified of the decision by post at the same time as the applicant (because they have to be given equal time to make an appeal to An Bord Pleanala if they wish), of course depending on post delivery. The submission/observation doesn't even have to be negative, they could say they support the application just to get notification of the decision. Newspapers might do this if it's an application they know they'll be writing a story about if it's in the public interest.

There is no secret place where these are announced. It used to be a lot more consistent pre-pandemic, but with people working from home etc, it can just be a few days before either the letters are posted out or the website is updated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

My experience is that if you are looking at/following online an individual application the decision appears same day the decision is made. That's where I find out decisions on my planning applications!

The hard copy then comes in the post a few days later.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They are updated at midnight.

The decisions will be online within 2/3 days so as to allow time for the official letter to reach the applicant so they know before it goes public.

On the DCC site, you can "follow" applications so you get a notification when a decision has been made.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,956 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

all application are updated overnight.

so applications granted today will be updated to "conditional" tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

That's clever you can follow applications. Didn't know that. Wish others could do that.

Related question:

I thought I heard a few years ago their was a plan for a central planning application website rather than each local authority having their own to update and maintain. Has this progressed or has anyone heard of it? I suppose it could be an expansion of the BCMS website which now accepts fire safety certificate applications and DAC applications.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,956 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

as far as i know, only DCC currently accept digital planning application submissions.

i was at a local authority meeting over 15 years ago where this was first mooted, but the wheels of public service turn very very very very very slowly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, there was talk of it.

Nothing has happened yet.

As Syd states, i think DCC are the only LA accepting Online Apps.

Advertisement