Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solis Hybrid Inverter Charge from other PV production

Options
  • 24-04-2022 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all, can the Solis 5K-48-5G send excess energy generated from other sources to the battery? I have 3 different PV strings but not connected to the Solis. They were installed separately so not easy to get them connected + I'd need 3x inputs which the Solis doesn't have. I'm using the Solis to send cheap rate electricity at night to the battery to use in the day so the settings are set to:

Charge Time 12am - 4am

Discharge Time 4am - 12am

This works very well but I need to send excess solar production in the day to it as well. The Acrel meter / Solis can see the excess going to the grid but doesn't use it. I imagine there must be a way to achieve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

I was looking at same when adding a second set up. My understanding is no it can’t. It can only divert what’s coming from the panels directly attached to it since the charging within the inverter is managed on the DC side only. I ended up picking a straight inverter for the second set up and a sofar me3000 to manage the batteries.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

@irishchris has a standard inverter and a hybrid and afaik it does take excess from the other 2, but only if it is generating itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Yep my hybrid Solis picks up any excess from my standard inverter and redirects it to my batteries.

However with the above settings it won't as you have discharge times set from 4am-12am so it won't charge whatsoever during those times. You need to change it to just charge times 12am-4am if you do wish to charge from grid and leave the discharge times blank. The Solis will then discharge during the rest of the day if needed but will also charge batteries from any excess solar during this time

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fred7631

Bingo, thanks! Just adjusted it and that works straight away 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

• Advertisement
Advertisement