Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ozizka

I would say, that AnPost employees have a problem with Irish geography...

--------------------------------

23 February 2022 08:51

Your delivery has been sorted FERMOY, CO CORK

23 February 2022 08:38

Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you. It is now in FERMOY, CO CORK

22 February 2022 22:02

Your delivery has been sorted PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

22 February 2022 07:23

Your delivery has been sorted MALLOW D.S.U., CO CORK

22 February 2022 07:22

Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you. It is now in MALLOW D.S.U., CO CORK

21 February 2022 20:41

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

21 February 2022 19:54

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

--------------------------------

The sender marked it as "next day delivery". That was OK, but AnPost send it twice to the wrong delivery office. Btw. I am from a village near Cork.

I expect the parcel tomorrow in Tallowbridge and the next day in Youghal. Day after in Bandon. And then returned to the sender as not able to deliver. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I had an international airmail parcel coming from London to Dublin. Was sent on a Thursday and rang on the Tuesday when it hadn't moved. Found out it was put into "storage" on arrival to Dublin as they didn't have the capacity to sort all the mail. An post very broken atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Anyone have post they've sent stuck at "your post has been accepted in" sent a registered letter from dublin to Dublin at the post office and it still says it's at the post office, no further updates. Anyone experience this? What ended up happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

A small unregistered package sent from Wicklow to Ballyvourney, Cork on 21/12/2021 arrived on Friday 25/02/2022 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭monkeyactive

I had something posted to me airmail from Holland. Just a letter with stamps on it. Been told it could take up to 25 working days. Does that sound right ?

• Advertisement

14 March 2022 06:29

Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you. It is now in WICKLOW D.S.U., CO WICKLOW

11 March 2022 23:28

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

11 March 2022 15:54

Your delivery has been sorted DUNSHAUGHLIN D.S.U., CO MEATH

11 March 2022 15:54

We have your post in DUNSHAUGHLIN D.S.U., CO MEATH

11 March 2022 08:05

Your delivery is in DUNSHAUGHLIN D.S.U., CO MEATH

11 March 2022 08:04

Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you. It is now in DUNSHAUGHLIN D.S.U., CO MEATH

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

Did you ever get a resolution to that? I'm going through something similar at the moment.

Not sure if you're referring to my post. If so, yes, it was delivered today, the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

Sorry WestWicklow1, I actually was referring to Cookiee's post above, but was on the mobile so somehow managed to mess up the post. Thanks for the reply though. 👍️

Hey yeah my post ended up arriving, it was stuck on the same status for a few days but then got moving, even thought it was registered post it took a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Will there be any home deliveries on friday 18th??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Apologies if this was asked earlier in the thread but who is responsible if An Post got a package from a UK seller sent by Royal Mail on 25 Feb, but it's still not delivered to the buyer even after Customs Duty was paid to An Post weeks ago.

Is it up to the seller to refund/replace and then follow up with An Post? Seller says they tracked the package and it arrived in Dublin and they're not responsible. Do An Post refund the C.Duty?

If u didnt receive your goods the seller should refund you.

They can deal with who they used to get reimbursed I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seamus9

I am awaiting a package being sent from the Netherlands with Post NL. It has been in transit to country of destination (Ireland) for over a week now so I am just wondering is this normal. I had imagined it would take much less than a week for a package to get to Ireland from The Netherlands. I have copied the last tracking updates below. If this is normal would anyone know how much longer I should expect to wait?

05-04-2022 16:59 The item is on transport to the country of destination

02-04-2022 08:19 The item is at the PostNL sorting center

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Ordered an item from Aliexpress at the end of March. Got a text on Thursday about Customs charges (which I expected) and paid them, no update on the package since. Should I be concerned there's not even a scan saying they have the parcel in D12?

21 April 2022 17:56

Custom charges have been paid. Your item will be processed and delivered to you as soon as possible. Please hold tight while we work through high volumes.

21 April 2022 17:42

Your item is in Ireland. A customs charge has been applied and details have been sent to you. You can pay the fee on our website, or at your local Post Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I must be lucky; I have two parcels that left the export center in Germany on Friday early morning.

Parcel #1 was received in the early hours yesterday in Dublin and Parcel #1 was received late last night. I got the "Your delivery was received by An Post in" and that was it.

No further scans since than until this morning "out for delivery" out here in Cork.

Send from Germany on Thursday and here Wednesday, not the 3-4 days DHL claimed but still not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Has anyone recently received a parcel from Eastern Europe (inside EU)? Waiting for one from Slovakia and it left the country 8 days ago. Still no sign in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ Small packet from Poland. Sent on Friday, delivered this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

An Post says they've got no record of my small packet. Should take about 7 to 10 working days to arrive from Bratislava so I'm hoping it appears next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Sure it will. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobottherobot

Hi all

Anyone know if this is normal for Amazon returns?? Seems to have done nothing for 10 days :(

22 April 2022 08:00

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

21 April 2022 00:01

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

20 April 2022 23:45

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Yes I've returned stuff to amazon and it seemily goes into a blackhole in an post and never gets scanned again and goes all quite, usually though if you speak to customer service they'll refund you, because you've done you're part and sent it back! Depends on value of item too. Just speak to customer service, they'll either refund right away or tell you to wait 14 days or so

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DHL Parcel from Germany arrived into An Post on Sunday night, 8th. Still there on Tuesday 10th

Recieved a standard domestic letter today May 12th dated April 22nd, god knows the jounry that was on! From cork to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So with An Post letters and packages coming from ROI address to another ROI address taking well over a week, that is a fceking disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

And their tracking has been down for two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Srfcsean

Received post today from Waterford to Waterford sent the 14th arrived today 22nd total shambles , I’m waiting on mail that was sent on Monday 20th so going by this it’s gonna be next week sometime 🤦

Advertisement