Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New BMW 7 series has landed

• 20-04-2022 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

One of the most leaked cars in years has finally launched. Not a hideous as expected, almost handsome, or maybe we are just numb at this stage. Technical tour de force as expected, lots of bling to traumatise the traditionalists, theatre mode is insane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh no that front is just offel. I really think just like Audi the BMW front grill is just way to big and ugly now. I blame Audi for it. They started it.You must be numb to it at this stage. I would say the side view is it's best view. It's got a bit of Rolls Royce and even Skoda Superb there in the rear 3 quarter side of it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Just buy a Rolls Royce or Bently and be done with it. If you want a face on it like a twerking Kardashian mega backside, sure, buy that thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Just horrible. BMW, my favourite brand since the 90s up until last few years, what are you doing?? Making some of the most hideous cars on the planet now. They're still good cars mind you.

• Advertisement

Oh god it's horrible, going for a Bentley look? Not a fan

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Wont be buying that car anyway, someone lost the run of their mind designing it 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Designed by commItteeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This was and will always be the best 7 series. Not that wide mouthed, big faced, plasticy looking yoke that only panders to the Chinese market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goochy

Bmw have finally gone too far ! Last model in exclusive pack with 20 '' wheels a fine car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This is awful, just awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cpoh1

BMW have previously rocked the boat with controversial design that has aged really well and stood the test of time. This wont fall into that bracket. An abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looks like a knock off to be honest. Awful thing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 616 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

That is pure garbage. BMW have gone off the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

In a word - horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Probably designed for the Chinese market. Those phukkers have no taste at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I suspect none of us are the intended market. I can see the logic here, you want a keep a low profile buy an A8, S-Class buyers will always buy another S-Class, you want something that makes more of a statement but isn't a Bentley here you go. The initial reaction to the E65 was much the same, but that went on to be BMW's best selling seven series ever and opinion has softened to it over the years (still hate the looks of it myself). I suspect the same will happen here.

Us purists wistfully looking at the E38 may be horrified, but markets change and BMW know what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭chooseusername

I think Duckegg or whatever the designer is called said the 4 series is "like 3 course restaurant meal",

this is more like a dogs dinner fcuked outside the back door in the rain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It looks like a giant hamster.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭v240gltse

that is sooooo ugly its beyond description . The Massive front grills of the newer model BMW's take away from what could have been a very classy looking design and as someone said already designed by a committee .

dreadful so glad i have my E39 to look upon , pure beauty in design

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

So much opinion, so little ability to afford.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I can afford eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭newmember2

Bugs Bunny meets Roland Rat meets the Chipmunks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I think it'll be like lots of BMW designs and grow onus over time?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Bmw have lost the plot with the grills.

You cannot compare it to Audi.

Audi went for larger grills with the Audi symbol within staying normal size and for the most part they work.

What bmw have done is make their signature kidney shape feature large.

I would compare that to Audi putting 4 massively oversized rings on the front of their cars. Obviously they have not done that.

I would have always liked the 7 series apart from the first bangle one which was facelifted into a very nice car.

The ones than followed were beautiful cars.

This new one is a shambles.

Ms

For me that first Picture and grill was Audi at its best. They lost the plot after that and came up with the grill in the 2nd picture which is pig ugly

Pig ugly /\/\

They have improved since but I still think there grills are say too big

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭creedp

I dont know, in my mind the Audi 4 rings is equivalent to the BMW propeller badge. Both have pretty much remained the same over the years. A grill is a grill and have increased massively on both marques over the years. Personally I find the current Audi grill even more unattractive as it's simply a massive piece of nondescript plastic covering the most of the front of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I think when Audi went for the double height grill, it moved car design forward. Everyone is doing it now.

Bmw are just fitting a scaled up kidney grill which is completely out of proportion.

This is a huge grille but it looks like it was designed for the car, the bmw efforts look like something created in the pimp my ride workshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭passatman86

Rich people will buy this i7, rich people like to offend people - this car offends me. So should do well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goochy

Saw the facelift a8 the other day . Was debadged so couldn't work out if was lwb or not but looked really well . New grille looks very nice car still looks a bit too understated for price though.

Advertisement