Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ordnance survey map ref. No.

• 17-04-2022 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi this might be a silly question for some but doing a planning permission by my self for a small garden room (yes I need planning permission) got all the plans elevations etc. done most of the form filled out and stuck od this as I can't find the answer anywhere.

I got the map from OSI but where on the map do I find Ordnance survey map ref. Number and grid reference if available. Is this just my order number and Centre coordinates ITM in the top right corner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not your order number. The map likely has "Sheet number 12-345" or similar printed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

You will find the information near the Ordnance Survey logo.

The O S map reference number is on the map as 'Map Sheets'

The co-ordinates are given as 'Centre Coordinates' and then 'ITM (ITM - transverse mercator, which is a type of map projection): followed by two sets of of six digit numbers'.

Dont forget to state the map scale and outline maps, site plans etc as detailed on the application form.

You may, probably will, need to provide contiguous elevation; yes even for rear extension/shed. At least thats been my experience.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Top right hand corner.

it can sometime be labelled sheet number.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beansys

Thank you all!

One more silly question but how do you actually pay the fee? Is it possible to pay at the time of getting the application to the council building

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

They will have a cash / payments office where you can pay in person or alternatively ring said office and pay by card.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What council?

most allow you to dip the application in, then go to the payments office, get receipt and include said receipt with the application.

Co Meath thanks all! heading to council tomorrow to drop it off was just wondering if it had to be paid online somehow before hand.

Hi all,

So first try wasn't successful but it wasn't bad 4 points raised.

3 points are silly things like I put my name in Newspaper notice but mine + wifes in site notice so easy fix.

Last one is with drawings and I am having trouble finding out what do they exactly need so they are asking "drawings to show finished floor levels of the proposed structure". Is there any kind soul that can share a drawing showing finished floor levels so I get an idea what I need to draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Basically they want to see how much higher or lower the shed will be in relation to adjoining properties particularly your own house. The difference in levels is always taken based on finished floors. You need to either find a bench mark or establish a TBM (temp bench mark) of your own and then take a couple of levels, ie, existing finished floor level of your house and floor levels of adjoining houses and then establish the proposed floor level of the shed.

If you can get your hands on a dumpy level or get someone to do it for you it is simple enough. Simplest way is take the first level from the centre of the road opposite your house and then on the floor of your house and if there are other houses within about 30 metres you would probably be well advised to show their finished floor levels also.

• Advertisement

Thanks I was afraid its going to be something like this... Honestly don't know where to start with this its now 6 months that i am trying to get this done first 3 months trying to find an architect and gave up on that after ringing 20 in the area with 0 interest so I thought my self how to draw plans do elevations and layouts but this have no idea where to start... so frustrating...

Advertisement