Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The streets of San Francisco

• 22-10-2018 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

This US detective series ran in the 1970s starring Carl Malden and Michael Douglas. Each 'act' was identified by a caption at the start. Any other examples? Other detective series like 'kojak' did not commence acts with captions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All Quinn Martin produced shows used Acts/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

This thread is verging into All Things Retro territory. :)

The streets of San Francisco

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Great TV show, and in the past, I posted too many thread in AH about one particular scene in an episode from season 3

I love that series and have all five seasons on dvd,San Francisco looks stunning in it!

Other examples of Quinn Martin productions with the 'Acts' and 'Epilogue'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Fun fact. The narrator of The Fugitive was William Conrad, aka Cannon, who features in the list of Quinn Martin shows featured above. Love The Fugitive, great series, even if it does seem a bit hammy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

imagine how "exotic" these shows bust have been on RTE back in the 70's

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭head82

Can't say for certain if these were 'Quinn Martin' productions but I remember them as being staples of late night RTE viewing back in the day.. 'Mannix' and 'Banacek'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

As soon as I saw the thread title the theme tune started an earworm for me. That grrrroovy wakka -wakka, waah, waah riff and the horn section kicking in... Always remember the frizzy haired hippy dude standing on the street corner during the opening credits. As a kid I kept wondering why he never featured in any of the episodes not realising that hippies at that particular street corner were an icon of San Fran at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

gave Michael Douglas his big break - wonder how many of the female production staff did he screw?

• Advertisement
Advertisement