Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut or a Credit Union to receive salary

• 28-12-2021 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

For public sector Irish employers is Revolut or an Irish Credit Union account acceptable to receive salary? I would like to ask the employer but I have got a HR contact yet and might not for months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

N26 and credit union should be fine, Revolut is a no as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Credit union is fine. Not sure about Revolut. I think Revolut has a Lithuanian IBAN and should be fine in theory as it's a European IBAN but I think some payment softwares can't seem to accommodate the non Irish IBAN. The PSSC should be able to tell you if Revolut is ok if it's the civil service you're joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭KerryM9

Anyone on here in the civil service and getting their salary paid into their N26 account? Any issues? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Private sector job I had in the past refused to pay into Revolut. Said it wasn't as straight forward to set up payments as regular banks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I am not a payroll expert but if you have an EU IBAN then there is no reason for this I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Yep, thats what I thought at the time so I thought it was odd.

Was only a short term p/t gig so I didnt question it much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Details here

An Irish employer or utility company cannot insist you open or maintain an Irish bank account for euro transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

If they are going on about it not being straight froward and their their system doesn't do this or their software doesn't do that just tell them that their systems and software are none of your concern and that you are legally entitled to be paid into any EU based IBAN. It is up to them to figure out a way to make it happen.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

Advertisement