Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I still like the post comparisons myself, it's fun to see how we track a normal year versus a pandemic year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just a shame that a lot of the pre changeover information was lost. I really miss the old 'search my posts' by forum functionality, I used it regularly to get back to older threads of note.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Meaningless was a poor choice of word, more the comparison is not necessarily a reflect of how we doing currently.

No, no you said it now... a sucker punch to the gut so it was.....

Meaningless stats.... Meaningless stats.... second best priest....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Poor Loughc. 😂😂😂

Suck it up and come back a better stats' nerd 🤣🤣

March is in the books now and it does not make for good reading. A complete washout.

Down 674 posts on last year and down 561 posts on last month. We are trailing 2021 by 2,892 on a year to date basis.

But on a positive note we broke the 3,000 posts mark this week and life is beginning to return to normal so that's worth the drop in posts alone :)

To be honest I'm not that surprised. The odd time I've checked in here its been a ghost town. Thought there'd be a bit more life after the latest tournament was launched but even thats been a slow starter. Maybe its just a sign that things are going back to normal & people have more stuff to be getting on with & less time for internet browsing.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Personally, it's been a combination of work, weather improving and more kids things starting back etc that has given me less time to get online.

• Advertisement

Anyone elses formatting of the site gone a tad awry? Posts are filling the full width of my monitor (which is widescreen) making it more difficult to read. Page numbers & shortcuts are missing from the bottom too.

Yep, my layout is all messed up.

I would say boards pulled an April fools joke but it’s been going on since last July 😬😬

It really has been.

For me, it's been a mixture of work, working, work and work! Hopefully things will calm down on that front soon.

At least it's the weekend! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ditto for me, the newco is more than full time since August. Miss this place though

Assume April's figures wouldn't be pretty reading?? @Loughc

Worst in a long time I'd suspect. Traffic has fallen off a cliff. I'm as guilty as anyone though, barely have time to check in at all these days I'm that busy with work.

I think a lot of us are in the same boat. It also becomes a vicious circle where people are too busy to post and then don't pop in as often as there isn't many posts.

I can see it being quiet for the summer and then hopefully picking back up when we start to get into the season.

• Advertisement

Exactly, TRS- it's a vicious circle! I barely have time to look at my phone at work these days, very little downtime at all- it's all go, go, go. Must make a better effort to pop in at lunchtime. 🙂

Although, as I've said before posting dropping off around now means that life is returning to normal, and I'll never complain about that!!

Yep, there's a lot to be said for life returning to more or less normal, shame its brought a tsunami of work though... I can genuinely say I cant remember being this busy all the time before. There's been individual projects with stressful deadlines etc. but the sheer volume of work at the moment is on the verge of being overwhelming. As i'm on site & in the office more I've definitely not been popping in here as much as I tend to do that more when I'm WFH, which I am today for the first time in what seems like weeks!!

I just copped that I needed to change the month on my countdown calendar too, so I've a few christmas themed nuggest of information to digest today too😀

Agree. I think this is playing a large part and as you said, is a good thing that life is returning back to normal for the majority of people. We'll always have our core of posters in here and as i said hopefully volumes will pick back up again once the summer is over and we start into the Christmas season.

yeah, I'd be confident as we get towards the end of the summer traffic will pick up in here, it always does to be fair.

Have to say, with it now June, looking back May 2022 had to be one of the quietest months in here for many a while... other than the odd regular popping in its been incredibly slow. I know I was away for a few days here & there & expected to see loads of posts when I did pop back in but it never quite did, with just 1 or 2 threads lit up with new posts.

The positive I take from that is that with the summer here & better weather (allegedly) people have more things to be doing in the real world & have little time for Christmas chatter!

We can make up for it from September!!

I'll be hiding behind the sofa when the May status come out!

I think you've hit the nail on the head. People are busier, getting back to pre COVID things and Christmas wouldn't be the first thing you would think of on a warm sunny May day.

Like you, I'm confident we'll be back on track as the summer ends and focus turns more towards winter.

Also, if you believe everything you hear/read, we wouldn't be able to afford anything next winter so will be lots of time to post online!!

Yep I'm in the same boat guys, everything is full on at the moment and any spare moment out of work is spent trying to do activities with the little man before the next global crisis hits.

Search function seems to be completely broken these days I can't calc the stats this makes me sad!! :(

• Advertisement

A shame that, still, its good to see life back in the forum in the last couple of weeks, a real sign we're coming to the most wonderful time of the year.

Advertisement