Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Making the Worst of a Good Friday: The Late Late Show-Friday 15th April 2022

• 14-04-2022 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Fresh from a week away from the radio, gorging himself on lashings of ginger beer, and getting up to all kinds of jolly japes, as long as they're free-our erstwhile host, Ichabod Hobbidy returns to the airwaves tomorrow night to dial up the Funometer, live from Castle Montrosia.

In the usual fashion then, we turn to RTE.ie, who triumphantly inform us, as they do every week, that this week's line up has been REVEALED!

Thanks be to god, says I. Let's have a look, so.

Feck.

He has a Derry Girl (just the one-couldn't swing for ALL of them-and he only had Sr. Michael on around two weeks ago...so), he has Luke O'Neill (again), he has Mary MacAleese (again), and a smattering of yokes from Monaghan, who think they're from Galveston.

Yes, it's two types of music this week, country AND western. Also, someone from Hugh Crane-which is itself a running theme throughout the show, just like misery and such.

"Derry Girls star Jamie Lee O'Donnell, a host of Irish country music stars, professor Luke O'Neill and Mary McAleese are among the guests on this week's edition of The Late Late Show.

Foyleside wild-child Michelle is played by actress Jamie Lee O'Donnell, and she'll be telling Ryan Tubridy all about her part in the hit TV show which premiered its final season earlier this week."

Uh oh. No idea who this is, but I sense misery afoot, and assuming this is to do with those poor men in Sligo, plenty of bandwagonning from the host (except when it comes to the alleged perpetrator).

"Dublin singer Shobsy is live in studio for a very special performance at the end of a very moving week."

No, you're right, anonymous RTE hack, it wouldn't be Good Friday without country music on the Late Late. I put it in the calendar every year.

"And it wouldn't be Good Friday without some friends from the world of Irish Country Music - and a star-studded line-up of Trudi Lalor, Gloria, Jimmy Buckley, Robert Mizzell and Declan Nerney will mark Big Tom's anniversary."

"I bought the babies, Ryan, but I didn't think I'd get the whole family as well!" (Bit tongue in cheek, sorry).

"Cathy Wheatley will be on the show to tell a truly extraordinary tale of evacuating her Ukrainian surrogate from war.

Ivana Holub is the surrogate mother to Cathy's twins and now Ivana, along with her three children are living with Cathy, Cathy's husband, and the twins."

That McAleese one would want to get a hobby for herself, as opposed to a hobby horse. In other news, next week, Luke O'Neill will be back on to tell us all about how he managed to reduce the earth's CO2 levels by sheer force of personality.

"Immunologist Professor Luke O'Neill, just home from volunteering in Slovakia to deliver humanitarian supplies to Ukraine, will be along, as will former President of Ireland Mary McAleese, who first spoke about Ukraine on The Late Late Show just over a month ago.

There will also be a very special performance by young Ukrainian dancer Taya Shvets. Taya fled Ukraine with her mother and her brother when Russia invaded their homeland."

Comments

Advertisement