Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to attribute penalty points to driver when driver or time is unknown

• 14-04-2022 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

My two brothers and I own a limited company. It turns over a 6 figure sum per year. I’m absent from the country and only do the odd bit of work by proxy but I pump in an equal proportion of my salary but my two brothers take more money out as they do more work.

There are a few fleet vehicles registered to the company. Large vans that you’d need a C1 licence for (hence why we all did our C test).

Anyway. I’m rambling. A speeding ticket has been sent and it’s obviously one of the brothers and definitely not me driving as I’m living in Asia.

The two brothers drive it at any time and it could have been any of them. We keep a logbook of who is driving and when. A speeding ticket has been sent from a Gatso van for a time when no one was driving (they were out of the country) in a location where they usually would drive.

The ticket is for Sunday night at 03:12 AM for doing 54 km/h in a 50 zone.

How can we find the culprit if the time stamp is wrong on the ticket and didn’t match our logbook?

Comments

Advertisement