Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster vs. Connacht, leg the second (Aviva, Friday 14th April Stupid 5.30pm, BT Sport One)

Options
  • 14-04-2022 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭

F*ck, I hate the new Boards.ie. More than I hate the kick off time tomorrow, and that's pretty sh*t.

Anyway, Luke Pearce (RFU) takes charge. Leinster replace three, JGP who is free to play (there'll be some uproar if there's a Connacht red for a high tackle in this game) after his citing was dismissed, and Porter and Kelleher return to the front row. Connacht's only change is Blade for Marmion, if I'm reading that right.

I would say that after last week's - I won't quite say scare but - tight scoreline, there'll be a bit less Leinster piss-taking in the thread buildup, but I am also 100% Venjur won't let us down there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

15th April. Motherf*cker. There's always something.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Who's stupid idea was 5:30 kick off for a knockout European inter Pro?

At least I'm working from home so I can manage the commute in time to turn it on, but seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

Connacht pretty much have a 1 off game in a neutral venue to get into the next round, anything can happen. I think the Aviva and time of year will suit their playing style much better then a windy home game. They looked amazing against ulster there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Its not a neutral venue and they start with a deficit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭TRC10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Yeah its def gonna affect attendance. Had to take a half day annual leave to get to the game. Never had good friday off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I know very few (myself included) Connacht supporters that can make the trip up. Even an 8pm KO and you'd probably be talking thousands of additional supporters making the trek. But supporters mean nothing to BT Sport clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Irish Times says 30,000+ tickets sold. If that's accurate, then it would be at the upper end of expectations for this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Not in Ireland no. They only give a **** about England.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

5.30 is weird, you think the majority of those prepared to watch on tv would be in work till 5.30 / 6.00. So be missing the majority of the first half with travel time home.

Live Italian football which they are probably contracted to show on later so maybe that’s influenced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

I think maybe because it's a public holiday today in the UK that might be why they wanted to spread out the starting times today and wanted the earlier kickoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

If Connacht were to pull this off, the front five and the four replacements there are going to need the game of their lives. At minimum we need parity in set pieces. We have a backline that can cause problems if given quality possession.

If Connacht could get the tie back to level by halftime and avoid the Leinster tendency to pull away in the third quarter this could get very interesting.

On Morning Ireland Des Cahill said the 5.30 kick of was "because it's Good Friday" but that didn't make much sense to me.

Intriguingly, the Lunnon-Irish V Castres game also kicks off at 5.30 this afternoon! So perhaps the Irish Cattlick Church still has a seat on the EPRC Board!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I imagine Connacht will look to start like a house on fire ala last week. If Leinster manage their way through that opening 10-15 minutes onslaught they should be fine.

I'm hoping for a relatively comfortably victory. But Connacht, unlike Munster, don't seem to have any fear I'm playing us. Can see this being a very close game.

Looks like attendance is going to be down this evening - major traffic issue on the main road out of Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

Leinster 1/40 to win & Connacht 18/1 and 23 points favourites

Shows the state of Rugby in Ireland, how can the IRFU say the systems are working,

until the talent pool at academy is distributed it will always be this way

One area where I think Leinster might have something up their sleeve is the driving maul. From what I remember of the Munster game and last week, they didn't really use it. It was mostly ball off the top into a set up backs move.

Wonder if we'll look to keep things tight and grind Connacht down before going for their throat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

While Connachts maul D has improved this season (it really had to it was so awful)

They're still a bit vulnerable there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Couldn't travel, can't get to pub and no BT at home. Galway Bay FM it is...

Dreadful start.

Nobody there to clear Prendergast out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

A wee bit excited about this one. Super conditions. Hopefully it be a right dinger of a game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Jerseys clashing again.

Thought they would've learned after last week.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They really need to introduce better rules about kit clashes.

This is daft.

Tbh I wouldn't have an issue if Keenan was yellowed for that.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Keenan is very lucky with how he landed or he’d be gone.

The jersey situation if fupping stupid.

• Advertisement

Another crap start.

Exactly like last week and what we should have been trying to avoid.

Advertisement