Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New dynasty fantasy NFL league

Options
  • 14-04-2022 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, former long time FSA poster here, still in the FSA premier league 💪 though I’m not as active in FPL as I used to be.

I set up an FSA dynasty nfl league last year and it’s been a huge success, I’m sure others will agree.

id like to set up a new league this year so it’s a chance to get in at the start, this is a great game, if you’ve played Fantady NFL this is a much better challenge.

any questions hit me up, here or by private message, if you’re new to the game we’ll look after you

it’ll be 20 or 25 euro per year, something like that, all money is paid out at the end of the season.

this is a good time to do a startup

first come first served 👍

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bump, any takers, we have 7 of 12 spots filled.

the FSA crowd tend to be brilliant as they/you are proper fantasy degenerates

any questions just let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Hi Swiper, put me down if there is a spot. Been in the Boards League a few years, but nver done a Dynasty League.

I’ve sent you a message, you’ll need to download the sleeper app

Last bump.

sorry for wasting your time 😀

2 spots left

this is a great opportunity for the fantasy addict,

Message me 👍

Sorry for butting in to this forum again with NFL stuff.

I have two dynasty leagues going through boards,

some people missed the last one and have contacted me so I said I’ll try to set up one more,

at the moment I may have 6 or 7 if they’re still interested,

if anybody else fancies it can you let me know here or by PM.

it’ll be 25e a year with two years paid up front, this is to avoid people just leaving, it’s standard in Dynasty leagues.

anyway, I won’t bump again unless there’s a bit of interest.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Welcome back Swiper.

You’re not butting in to this forum in any way and please don’t feel like you are.

People seem to forget this is a forum for all Fantasy sports not just FPL and Sky FF even though you’d never guess from the threads.

Hi all, 

the league I started last year filled up and I had a number of private messages afterwards so I’m gonna start another league this year.

I currently have two dynasty leagues with a big connection to Boards, I hope anybody in those leagues would vouch for my reliability.

if anybody is interested in joins by a dynasty league please let me know via PM

it will be 50e buy in per year, that means it will be 100 up front.

superflex dynasty

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Hi Swiper, I'm interested in joining this. I got into Fantasy NFL 2 years ago, I had played the regular premier league version for years. It's quite similar in that a lot of learned skills transfer over but it's different kind of animal! The Dynasty aspect is brilliant as well!

I just have a few questions please excuse me:

The funds for the league are kept using keepsafe or you hold them?

Payment is via an irish bank/revolut transfer to you?

Which site interface do you use?

Do you've a link to the leagues rules and settings?

Transfers are not limited to certain times of the year?

Is there a veto function or commissioner decision?

Are you the commissioner of it and will be playing?

Is trading picks possible during the initial start-up draft?

How are next year's picks decided on, losing record/ points total / head to head?

Do you already or is it something you imagine league rule changes can be proposed and voted on in the off seasons?

I know that's a lot but I was thinking that maybe others have questions on this and just won't ask and it may prompt other fantasy managers to give the NFL a try because I have to say I'm a total convert now having played Fantasy premier since 2009 or so!

Thanks 👍

Hi Paddy Irishman, I will try to answer all those questions.

first of all there has to be an element of trust in me as commissioner, I hope others will vouch for my character, if I die you will (probably) lose your money 😮.

In the other leagues I take payment via PayPal, I am aware of leaguesafe and pay into it for other leagues but it’s a pain in the hole. I’d be quite happy to allow somebody else to hold the money.

all the leagues are on the Sleeper app, it’s top class as anybody would tell you.

league rules and settings will be straightforward, I can send you a link or you can join the league and read them when I set it up, you can leave at any time, you don’t need to pay to join, just to draft.

one thing to bear in mind, it will be Superflex, which means you have to start one QB but have the option of starting a second also, this is standard in dynasty now.

Trades are allowed all year round except for the last few weeks of the season, once the championship is played out you can trade away again.

Trades will automatically process, if I suspect collusion I’ll make a vote on potential veto, I’ve never had to do that and suspect I never will.

I will be commish and will be playing

Trading picks is allowed, in the startup draft you will have 6 hours to make each pick, the draft will last about a week.

All games are head to head, points total will separate a tie at the end of the season

the team with the worst record gets the number 1 pick in the next year rookie draft, and so on. The team that wins gets pick 12, but many of those picks will have been traded away before the draft.

all rules are up for discussion and can be voted on

hope this helps, I’m in no rush but have about 8 interested parties

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Thanks Swiper!

I've no problem with you holding the funds, I was just clarifying and I can see you do a great job organizing / explaining for transparency 👍.

Sign me up! Will this years rookie draft picks be handled via picking kickers as the representative pick 1.01 or is the draft set for after the real draft?

Anyone reading the thread and who plays Fantasy football, give the NFL fantasy a try this year! You won't be disappointed! 😬

• Advertisement

I’ll probably use kickers as placeholders for the rookie draft picks.

as I said, I’m in no big rush, but if anybody else reading this is interested let me know.

once I actually set the league up it will fill quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I play in leagues where Swiper is commissioner too, never had any issues with funds

Cheers @Shedite

This is the perfect forum to recruit from, most here are fantasy degenerates anyway, nothing is as gripping as dynasty NFL, we have about 3 spaces left, any questions just shout

Advertisement