Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I don't like to brag about my wealth, but yesterday, I had the heating on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and you drove to your local grocery store😉

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In medieval times, people used to attach a lamp to a horse when riding at night. This is the earliest known form of saddle light navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭FraserburghFreddie

Guy in office:"My computer just went down on me!"

Lady in next office:"Which button did you press to get that???"

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭FraserburghFreddie

Benefits of a good vocabulary...

I recently called an old engineering buddy of mine and asked what he was working on these days.

He replied that he was working on "Aqua-thermal treatment of ceramics,aluminium and steel under a constrained environment."

I was impressed until,upon further inquiry,I learned that he was washing dishes with hot water under his wife's supervision..

• Advertisement

My Aunty is 80% Irish. Iris

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

me: tell me what you know about atoms

my friend: very little, actually

me: well yes, but besides that

I come from a long line of Cocaine addicts.

Why is it spelled 'camouflage' and not

"Hilarious scenes at The Crucible as a pigeon flies onto the table at World Snooker Championship"

What's so amazing about that? I once saw a Parrott win the whole tournament.

• Advertisement

It's a bit cloudy today.

Maybe I should see a urologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭joeguevara

About 2 weeks ago out of sheer boredom I set up a TikTok account just to tell jokes.

This one has 833k views in 5 days. Hopefully find it funny

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLpmTn4F/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^

(Should be in the same category as clickbait)

Apologies if it looked like that…just thought it was funny

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

🙂 That's ok - just because I didn't like doesn't mean nobody did. I just thought it would have been funnier to read it, I wasn't too gone on the delivery.

Anyway, here's another atrocious joke:

Child: "Mammy, Daddy is disgusting!"

Mother: "Shut up and eat!".

When the Pope toured Ireland he was asked what he thought of County Down.

He said it's not the same since Carol Vorderman left.

BREAKING: World's biggest clown purchases world's largest circus.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Two cannibals eating a clown:

Cannibal 1: Does this taste funny to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I think it’s a reference to Musk buying Twitter. Funny! 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I am pleased to announce the arrival of a new sport, one-man boxing.

Give it a try. Knock yourself out.

It breaks my heart that pirates spend their whole lives following a map, when the real treasure is the friendships they build along the way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

What did the octogenarian pirate say?

I'm eighty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

3 boys are talking in the playground.

The 1st boy says, "My Dad's the fastest man in the world."

"How do you know that?" Asks the other boys. "Because he can fire a bow and arrow and run and catch it!" He replies.

"That's nothing," says the 2nd boy. "My Dad can fire a gun and run and catch the bullet!

" That's nothing says the 3rd boy, "My Dad works for the Council, he finishes at half 4 and he's in the fookin house for 2."

What do you call two crows that are stuck together?

Velcrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What do mermaids like to smoke?

Sea weed.

How do you stop smoking sea weed?

Sea kelp.

My inflatable house got a puncture last night. Now I'm living in a flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

You might have to change attire.

• Advertisement

Having a candlelit dinner with the wife tonight. The electric bill's just arrived.

Advertisement