Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendations for lightweight breathable car cover

• 11-04-2022 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking to buy a lightweight breathable indoor cover for my car in the garage. Basically just to keep the dust off.

Any recommendations that don't cost a fortune. Had a large cover over it but its too bulky. Currently using a light Lidl/Aldi cover but probably not a good idea to use it all the time. Doubt if it's breathable.

Thanks,

T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Lightning recommended this crowd over in the main forum Chat thread.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭w124man

I use the plastic sheets that the bodyshop guys use.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 597 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Yup got my BEAT under it, so far so good despite the weather being terrible lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

There was a 94 Corrado locally that always had a cover, the covers off I noticed today and the car needs a respray, the paint is gone -lacquer peel. Basically the cover was a waste of time. My advise is to wax first with pure carnuba wax the white dust stuff to protect the paint properly and then use some kind of breathable cover to stop the UV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭w124man

These car covers are not 'cover and forget' type things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I have the stormforce or monsoon one of these for my MX5 - it is very good, I bought a cheaper one for a different car but it was binned in a matter of days. these are quality I think.

Advertisement