Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey 3 day 2022

• 29-03-2022 6:06pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a link to the strava or GPSD files for the stages. They have mentioned which ones they are but I haven't raced it before so any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭wav1

Stages 2 and 3 are new so maybe not but stage 1 is the old traditional Cranford circuit so I imagine plenty have that information

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭wheelo01

@secman might be able to get you some information through his club?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

So who from here is taking part? Looks like its going to be good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sorry now I didn’t enter but logistics & cost over the 3 days were an eye opener.

Weather looks promising & should be plenty hurt shelled out.

I seen the number of A2s and its a mass start by the looks of it, not a handicap, none of this will be pleasant. best case scenario I survive the three days without DNFing.

• Advertisement

2/3 mins start would help lads settle for sure before the madness of A2 + jnrs combined tear lads to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Gorey was always mass start. Good luck!

Don't be regaling us here next week of your usual stupid **** of riding off the front for no reason. ;) It'll be a long weekend out the back if you start that craic with the good juniors and A2 field! Stay out of trouble, get around!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭secman

Thats the plan, I think those days are behind me. I have point(s) in A3 now, I have to act like i know what I am at 🤣

Stage 2 is a lumpy one with the Croghan climb , best of luck to all competitorshttps://www.strava.com/routes/2949044759879512486

Post edited by secman on

• Advertisement

Good luck to all heading off on annual trip to the south east tomorrow especially the first timers..Will be grand and much smaller field than lots of previous editions. See ye on the road.

Hope everyone enjoyed the new format of the Gorey 3Day race. Great watching it today while marshalling, after all the efforts today...a bunch finish 👍

Looks like plenty riders suffered greatly all weekend, tough racing for sure.

It was class, superbly organised and marshalled.

I always enjoy gorey 3day and great to see it back. Better without the tt too. Kept the whole thing wide open until the final kms. We got our stage win so happy out.

And a savage win as well, everyone else was right on top of each other but he got a few bike lengths coming up the hill at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Enjoyed the weekend, went in completely unprepared to race after being sick for most of January and February. Still had a go a few times and spent some time off the front on stage 3. Had to wear the KOH jersey on stage 2 for my shame! I nabbed a few points when trying to get away on one of the laps on stage 1 so had to wear the jersey on behalf of leader and probably then on behalf of everyone else who was leading some other category!

I managed to stay with a few of your yellow and 2 other lads @wav1 over the main climbs of stage 2 (80kg+ not made for those climbs!). I worked with them to try bring back the 15-20 up the road but there were too many just hanging onto the back of us, probably about 8-10 of the 30odd actually did some turns! Supposedly we brought it back a bit but then it went waaaay out. Manual had said stage was 94/95km but ended up being 89km, id wanted to have a dig in last 3-4km but suddenly we were in last 500m and i was at the very back! Stage 3 id a few goes again, best of which was for about 15km on last lap, 3 others joined me after about 2to 3km on my own but the pack wasnt letting us go and although we got very close to the main break up the road a few times we just couldnt get across! Rolled in again but happy to have gotten some efforts in.

Glad to say i'd no hairy moments. The bunch as far as i could see were well behaved. Marshalling was top notch too. The moto-bikes in particular were really good at holding traffic, allowing bunch to use the road.

Would have loved if the TT was there to really see whee i am. If still A2 next year i hope they bring it back and i hope to return

Advertisement