Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparks - Belfast/Dublin 26th-27th October 2020

• 27-01-2020 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Thought this might brighten up your Monday

Playing the Limelight and Vicar St in October.

Info at https://allsparks.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭emo72

I love sparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

This is a band I've been looking forward to seeing live for years

Vicar street is a small venue. This will sell out fast I assume? I'll try buy tickets. I get fed up with sub par concerts, but I'll get the zimmerframe oiled up for this. Number one song in heaven is from the glory days of disco and 70s. It'll be epic. Up there with Barry from EastEnders at the bowls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

just got tickets in the presale, go to sparks website and enter email, only €39

saw them play primavera a few years ago and they were immense

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

sweetie wrote: »
    just got tickets in the presale, go to sparks website and enter email, only €39

saw them play primavera a few years ago and they were immense
    Do they email over preslae password?

• Advertisement

Do they email over preslae password?

Yeah, they emailed me a unique code

How do I get the code. I've signed up but no code. You don't have to pay for membership I assume?

emo72 wrote: »
    How do I get the code. I've signed up but no code. You don't have to pay for membership I assume?

https://sparks.tmstor.es/

Go-to no purchase necessary option

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭fillup

sweetie wrote: »
    https://sparks.tmstor.es/

Go-to no purchase necessary option

Legend!!!

Worked a Treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Got tickets for Dublin and Belfast on the presale. I saw them do Propaganda (my favourite album of theirs) as part of the Sparks Spectacular in London, and I was at the Button Factory gig too. Great to be able to chalk up two more shows.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Advertisement

Got the tickets. Thanks lads. I grew up thinking sparks were a French band. Life was hard before the internet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

A year and a half late and finally less than a month to go...

Gig of the year incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well I think they're Canadian but I suppose they could be still French speaking alright.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Some of the footage from the current tour is class. Can't wait for this one.

Have to miss the Dublin gig due to trip to Belfast for Irish dancing worlds and then realised they are playing Belfast too and managed to get a ticket. gonna be epic!

Tonight.

@sweetie will update here tomorrow if I think of it but it's finally here. Sparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I really enjoyed the FFS album, which drew me then to A steady drip, drip, drip (itself very good)

But it wasn't until watching the documentary that I recognised lots of their back catalog. Started following them on Twitter on Friday, only to realise they were playing tonight. Im always that little too late to the party!

You'd get a ticket on Twitter fairly handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Im sure... But unfortunately it the 7 hour round commute would have required a bit of planning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Consider these observations:

1. A phoned-in performance that was lacking in energy.
    2. A vocalist who can no longer reach the notes.
    3. An uninspired setlist that failed to span their entire career.
    4. No acknowledgement of the audience.

Yeah, it was the polar opposite of all the above.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yeah I have a few mates that were at it and they said it was phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

ABsolutely brilliant gig and it is clear how much this renaissance means to them. They were humble and generous to a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

All true.

Such iconic music and great humour from the lyrics.

The energy was incredible from the 2 brothers. Hard to believe they are 73 and 76. Vicar st was perfect venue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 camanstar

First gig in 2 and a half years, they were magnificent. What an unbelievable gig and atmosphere. Delighted for Ron and Russell, 2 legends. Great band and setlist. I will see many more gigs this year, I doubt if there will be a better on than this.

Once in a lifetime show.

I Predict was a thing of majesty.

Loved every second of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

Blown away by the gig last night, couldn't fault anything, I brought some friends who wern't too familliar with them and they were raving about the gig afterward.

Russell's voice sounded better live than it does on recordings. The set list was spot on and the crowd were brilliant too, it was all really good natured and a real celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,278 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That was such a brilliant concert. It's absolutely jaw dropping to see Russell still being able to sing like that at 73.

Their live sound is impeccable.

Really good show in Belfast too. Seemed to be much less masks than the Dublin show from the pictures

I saw but they did the business without complaint. The Ulster hall is some venue, really felt it suited them.

I loved Ron's couple of cameos outside of the keyboards and they really seem to be loving the reception.

That band they have are super tight too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

Missed the Dublin and Belfast shows but saw them last night in Berlin.

Just incredible.

Atmosphere was electric. What a band, what a setlist.

Everything you've heard about them is true, they are absolutely amazing live.

CPL 593H

Advertisement