Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2020

1134135136137138140»

Comments

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Anywhere from 4 weeks up. Some people have been waiting up to 6months.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

12 weeks for me and I lived abroad so that held things up a bit on my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LankyD92

Hi all !

I applied for CO comp in March 2020 like everyone else, did interview before Christmas, got my clearance back saying they would be in contact shortly to discuss contract, start date and location within county I selected.

Anybody know how long they take between getting that message and actually being contacted? Someone i know has been waiting 5 weeks.

I'm just anxious as even though i got the County i wanted, i'm hoping i get the station near my home town as it is with AGS, and not one out in the shticks 🙈😂

Thank you.

Edited to add I am under consideration for a position in the Revenue Commissioners in Cork. I am on the 2022 panel, but just reading back on this thread and it says the revenue departments training can take up to 3 months, can you take any annual leave during this time? Is the whole 3 months classroom based? I have a family wedding on a weekday comming up.

Also are there only 2 locations, I was told Cork City, Blackpool would be perfect, The Airport would be very difficult, how likely is it that it would be the Airport?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

It was approx. 5.5 weeks for me. It went crazy fast then. Return all paperwork and when can you start please was the phonecall I got from HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lena034

Hi all,

I'm due to start my placement in July after my ML ends. I was just wondering if hybrid working will be an option at that stage or will there be an option to work x amount of days at home?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

There is no word on what will happen going forward as of now. At present majority of staff are WFH full time and yet to return to office since March 2020. Revenue have advised this will be updated in the coming weeks / months. Currently talk's ongoing with the various bodies involved in relation to a blended working model going forward.

Hi @shmeee

Thanks for the reply 😊. I'll keep an eye out for any updates in the coming weeks/months.

Hopefully some sort of blended work would be great to cut out some travel into the city centre each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 midlands091315

I have been WFH full time until this week, we got word yesterday that we are fully back in the office from Monday next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭EduKate

So I got offered position as a CO.

HR emailed me to say that it could take up to 4 weeks before PeoplePoint put me on payroll, and that I should make financial contingency plans for this possibility.

How long did it take after starting before other CO's got paid for the first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭furrybones

That's a long time! I started on a Monday and got paid the 2nd friday after that. So I really only missed one week.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

Usually you get paid the 2nd week of work, so Friday week after starting. Never heard of it taking up to 4 weeks. Maybe covering themselves? (short staff at present etc)

It took three weeks for me but got the three weeks together then

Hi All,

Has anyone here been placed with the Legal Aid Board? Just wondering what it's like working there, what the workload is like etc. Due to take up placement after my maternity leave and curious 😊 Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

Why are people still eager to work for Public Services? What are the benefits these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Job security is the main benefit. I guess flexibility and mobility options too. Pay is not great at all at first, especially if experienced and coming from private sector.

Job security, guaranteed pay rises, flexible working practices (flexitime) and family friendly working practices I suppose are the main ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

I recently went for interview with Limerick county council for the clerical officer position. I passed my interview. I have come 12th in the panel. The panel is for one year does anyone if i have much chance of being called?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

Hi everyone just looking for some help on interview questions/ were there any tricky questions asked for a county council clerical officer position thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dublin.85

Hi all, I'm under consideration for CO with an Garda Siochana in Dublin? Has anyone any experience in this department? I've to wait for Garda vetting to come through. Then I assume they give me more details as to the job description , location and hours before I accept job?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

Hi

Just wanted to ask did you get an offer yet in the council. I have an interview the 21st July with the council. I have a month's holiday booked September so hoping it will be October before I get an offer.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TL123

Hi everyone, can anyone please help recently been offered a position of clerical officer with county council, starting on pay 1, can anyone give any insight at all with regards to wages going up on the pay scale is it yearly they rise or is it performance based? Can you work from home or is it officer based. Thanks In advance

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CivilServiceNew

Well done on your progression. Can I ask what diploma you did pls

• Registered Users Posts: 9 binukp

Hi, Do you mind to share which dept and section if you are in if ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Hi, when I wrote that response I was in Enterprise. I’m now in Agriculture and we do three days a week in the office. We can also only work up flexi on days in the office.

Advertisement