Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaks

• 09-04-2022 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭

I have 2 leaks in my apartment which are causing me grief. I had to wait 11 weeks before management company came down to look at them. I have rung and emailed them numerous times. They don't seem to want to do anything about it.

I found out some of the other residents are in a Whatsapp group and I saw a few screenshots of their conversation. Some of them have leaks for years and management company are doing nothing. This has me very worried.

Both leaks get worse when it rains so there are holes there in the external wall I think.

I'm at a loss of what else to do. I will ring them again next week but don't expect to get anywhere. Your one in the offices I speak to is very smart.

I have my managements fees up to date and I am an owner/occupier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,809 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Apart from the rant is there a question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭apache

I suppose any advice people had. It wasn't really a rant. No need to be so smart!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

Apache

It is always best to deal with this by writing only. Emails gives you a record of your correspondence.

They could deny that any phone call occurred

I would not talk on the phone to the management company, and if they phoned me, I would tell them to write or email me, and hang up

You mentioned the one in the office is smart to you on the phone.

Get a diary and record everything

If it were me, I would get the name of the person in charge of the management company, and I would write to him/her, outlining the problems and your previous correspondence. I would also instructed that your one in the office ( her name) and instruct the manager to inform the lady on the office that she should not communicate with you again verbally, and that all communications to you are to be by email or letter. This letter should be sent by Registered post.

If you are not satisfied with their written reply to your post, and are paid up to date, and damage is being caused by ingress of rain water - then seek legal advice from a Solicitor.

apache

there was no need for you to say anymore here about the problem. I fully understood what advice you were requesting with your first post above at 7.35 am. It was crystal clear.

👍

Thanks for your advice but I don't think they care. If I complained I don't think they'd care.

I have complained and I just got smart answers back.

I will persevere and email them again on Monday.

• Advertisement

Someone said that you made a rant and is there a question.

Your question was crystal clear to me from your first post.

Apologies please.

C.

Exactly, thanks It can be quite stressful.

So someone from maintenance came down to look at the leaks. They haven't been back with a solution. I'm worried now with the rain them getting worse.

One leak is near the TV/broadband point. What will happen if water leaks onto this? I'm a bit worried about this. The other leak is a hole in the ground floor wooden window frame. This all seems to be rotting away.

I bought the apartment in 2007 and it seems to have been thrown up with cheap materials. The builders McCabes went bust years ago. Leaks seem to be a major issue in the complex.

I can't see myself getting very far with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Might be easier to understand if you had photos. Best

• Advertisement
Advertisement