Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Timber frame houses

Options
  • 06-04-2022 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone recently built a timber frame house through manufacturers with a catalogue of a series of houses.

Looking at a company in Moycullen in Galway with design plans that can be customised, and the catalogue features prices which seem very reasonable.

Anyone use this or a similar supplier?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Remember you need a plot of land and connection to services. Connections can be 10k+.

Also driveway, gates, fencing.

I had a look. Prices are ok. Not cheap, not expensive and they seem to have built a fair few houses.

The savings come from you choosing a pre-designed model so you gain from economies of scale and you also benefit from a fixed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jax4

Thanks macvin.

It does seem that even taking into account the plot and connection charges, that it is still alot more economical than other building options. I know the designs are quite limited, even though you can adapt them I think. Will definitely consider it, just hesitant as there doesn't seem to be much talk about them... is there a catch?

Have you come across any other pre-design model companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Catch?

Will you get planning? Will you get a mortgage? Will they comply with statutory building regulations and who will certify this? What about house insurance? Have you costed everything else such as services etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 olddognotricks

Following this as we also looked at moycullen company and another in mayo.

Biggest problem on the second crowd was finance-was told would get mortgage but different story when I made enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Calvin001

watched a repeat of a tv show, DIY SOS last night. They built one very quickly, 10 days i think. very reasonably priced too I believe, you could say next to nothing. Give Baz ashmawy a call 😁😁

• Advertisement
Advertisement