Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Max Payne 1 & 2 Remake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭RossGeller

Based on the GTA remasters, I wouldn't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

But that was because Rockstar for lazy and have the project to mobile devs. With this, Remedy is the original dev and Rockstar are just funding it. It *should* be in good hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The fact they say it's a remake at least gives some hope, rather than the GTA Trilogy "Definitive" remasters which were an AI-upscaled version of the mobile ports of the original games.

Never played the original Max Payne games. Will keep an eye on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Max Payne 1 and 2 are great games, bloody hard though, especially the first one. it's always been a passion project of Remedy so i have no doubt they'll do the best job possible. Who knows? Someday we might even get a third Max Payne.

Already have Max Payne 3 :) another one I'd love to play but can't anymore on PlayStation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I adore both of these, so very interested to see how they turn out. Can't beat some good auld bullet time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭wench

Just as long as they don't ruin his trademark constipated facial expression!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Speaking of Max Payne 3, I'd be happy if they just used that engine for MP 1 and 2 as it was a great upgrade. Only saw yesterday that the remake is currently in concept stage, will be ages before we see anything I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Never got to play the second one but I liked the first one at the time and I loved the third one. Wish I could play it again now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I adore the second game. It was just so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Shred

I loved the first 2, played them at launch on PC and re-played them many times. I bought the 3rd on Xbox when it came out, played about 1-2 hours of it and stopped as I just couldn't get into it. I then got the 3 of them on PC back in March this year and started the 3rd one again and thought it was great. Fingers crossed the remake works out so I can play them all over again!

Advertisement