Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Kevin Owens is gold on the Mic! Interesting to see what happens with the ezekiel turn and how long before he's future endeavoured

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What would be really funny is if "Elias" was future endeavoured and Ezekiel continued to act as if nothing happened 😁

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Veer takes out Dominic Mysterio, surely he should be cheered not booed🤣

I can't take veer seriously as it's a matter of time before he becomes a jobber or back in a tag team with shanky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This Elias/Ezekiel thing is odd but could be funny for a few weeks and then turn into shite. No way did I expect him back looking like that

Christ Veer vs the mysterios, riveting

Will there be an MVP heel turn here?

I don't get the Breakker loss on Saturday only to win now. Surely if they wanted to see what he was like in front of a RAW crowd with the belt he could win it Saturday and Ziggler has his rematch tonight. Bizarre line of thinking going on.

And wtf was that segment with Corey and Carmella. Pointless.

• Advertisement

Surely could have used that segment with carmella or zelina facing off against a debuting io shirai (that's if she does arrive on raw)

Well that was a waste of time..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Literally the second they got their brief use out of the women's tag belts for a PPV, they're already tearing the devision apart again. Back to just 2 teams now, both of which were only even created in the last month. Gonna see a whooooole lot of Sasha & Naomi Vs Shayna and Natalya...

Otherwise, a few alright bits, but a lot to just skip through.

<edit> Also, why do all these big lads have to be portrayed as practically feral personality-less beasts? Like, the extent of them usually is, they're big, and they go "Raarrrrrr!"

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really glad Edge decided to take a page out of Jericho book to reinvent himself.

The segment with Edge/Priest was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well, they completely ripped up the script and had the champion get pinned in a six man.....

So edge is the Monday night Messiah now and Elias is his own younger brother........

Fair play to WWE, spunking away any mania goodwill that fast actually has to take effort.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Worst Raw after Mania ever, as @hynesie08 said any goodwill they had after Mania weekend is already dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Wasn't Raw meant to be epic though? WWE have the momentum and passion back to stick it to the smarks so it must have been good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Part of the reason cody left the wwe was to get out from under the shadow of dusty and in his first promo back all he does is talk about being under the shadow of dusty and dusty this an dusty that

Nah, maybe you forgot them but the Thunderdome RAWs after Mania were still worse than this by a long way. But they've been progressively bad for a few years now. No debuts (unless you count Ezekiel), no new feuds. The only thing it really had going was Cody's promo at the beginning.

Part of me thinks it's down to Wrestlemania Backlash being basically a rehash of Mania so they don't bother building anything new.

The crowd were shite as well though, they got into Cody's promo and then went to sleep for the entire show apart from to **** on Edge and Priest's promo (which was about the only other thing worth watching).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I didn't watch RAW and won't after seeing the reviews of it being bad.

Here is my take on what was once the best and most fun show of the year in the WWE.

First and foremost the WWE ie Vince has killed it because he did not like the BIZARRO fans having fun on Monday Night RAW.

Secondly RAW used to be the last show on a weekend that included only one Wrestlemaina not two.

Now you also have a Wrestlemaina festival of wrestling weekend with so many other promotions there that so many of the international fans go to on this weekend and pack in as much wrestling as possible not just WWE so by the time they now get the final show of the weekend they are totally burnt out and all they want to do is go home and not watch a crappy WWE show that is counter progarmmed so they won't enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Elias confirming that beards are to men what make-up is to women.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I assumed he was some relation to Brodie Lee.

Just another AEW waster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

There's definitely hope for anyone that can grow a beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Edge and Priest together are a fantastic painting.

Ezikel is fun creative and should lead to some great comedic moments.

Hopefully Reigns injury is not too serious as he is carrying pro wrestling in the states these days.

A decent raw but I expect a fantastic Friday night smackdown.

Kevin owens just another wwe waster copying the young bucks pose with cody

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brody King a waster jaysus i have read it all now that WWE bubble really is cult like.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Just watched some clips and highlights from Raw.

Codyvator thing getting stuck was probably the highlight of the night for me.

Ezekiel should have said he was Sandow's little brother to confuse things even more.

Not a lot else happening, suppose Backlash ppv will be the proper reset button. Gonna be hard to milk rematches when the best of Mania had celebs or Austin.

Veer was alright, be good to see him squash Dominic.

Wish.com joke was pretty good, even if I'm not the biggest House of Black fan. Purple mood light just reminds me of Sin Cara and the Fiend, neither of which is a good thing. But maybe Brody King should let it play out before trying to bury them.

• Advertisement

The one thing I'll say about the Edge/Priest stuff is that at least it was something different on the show. Aside from that and Cody we basically got rehashed matches from mania minus some competitors or even with some mashed together ala Finn/RKBro VS Usos/Theory.

I hate WrestleMania Backlash as a concept so much as its doing the same thing as last year and just extending the Mania feuds for another month, which in most cases arent necessary

Advertisement