Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So long and thank you Electric Autos!

• 03-04-2022 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭

Taken from Facebook...

***Annoucement***

Hello Everyone!!

I would to let everyone know that we are closing down Electric Autos Car Sales in the near future.

It will consist of our office/garage in Ladytown Business Park then winding things down over the next few months.

Our website is no longer working so we will be just using Facebook platform for the moment for communication.

We set up as sole Trader in 2014 then went limited soon afterwards. We had a great start in business as we grew out of each premises. We sold Hundreds of Electric Cars and got lots of people into their first electric car.

In the early days when Electric cars only did 120 klm per charge and you had either mainly the LEAF or Zoe and the network was terrible there were still lots of early adopters that we not afraid to make that change. 

The reason why we have made this decision:

I already have a full time career and a busy family life and my self and Siobhan are going to take time to ourselves for us and our family.

Family Time is precious and you can’t get back and life is not all about making money it’s about making memories.

We would like to give a huge Thank you to all the staff , friends and other businesses that helped and supported Electric Autos and help out over the years. 

A huge Thank You to the absolutely fabulous customers that visited us and we met. We won’t forget you. 

We will still be out there driving EVs so I will see you at meet ups and chargers!!

Signing off 

Philip and Siobhan Fitzgerald

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Phil has been a pioneer in the market and as the post says has been the source of the first EV for so many people.

I've bought some cables and accessories from him over the years but never quite got as far as buying a car, although I did pester him to look at a few options.

Wishing him and his family all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

Still driving the same Leaf I bought off him back in 2018. Back in the days when the leaf was on par with a Yaris, cost wise, and the grant more or less covered the cost of the zappi.

Brexit was never going to be kind to their business model.

Wishing Phil and Siobhan all the best in whatever future endeavours they undertake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Yes - a lot of their business model seemed to be about the ability of Phil to get cars in from say the UK market.

You could go to Phil and ask him to get you a (as an example) an Outlander PHEV - hed get it for you and all hassle free for you.

Great pre Brexit when people were venturing into the unknown.

Well that's how it looked like from the outside and he was a well liked guy with a really good reputation.

Big loss to the EV scene imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭handpref

What an absolute legend of a couple, nicest people I have ever dealt with. They got me a real gem of a car that i will never sell. Really sad to hear they are closing up.

Phil and Siobhan did so much for early ev adopters here, always went above and beyond the call of duty, I wish them the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Well, they will have to live off something regardless of kids so best of luck in any future business or employment to both of them!

It will be a loss not to have such a trusted resaler around who I could pester with all sorts of newbie questions. Siobhán showed me a few cars back in 2019 which helped me decide on a 40KwH LEAF at the time - wasn't available SH then.

Now it is just the standard wheeler-dealers selling whatever fuel type pays most, i.e. for servicing, and the new crop of direct online sales. Perhaps going forward, such a business needs to branch out into solar installations and V2G/V2H setups. The market is a bit of mess right now, with major shortages, but it could recover sooner if the energy situation stabilises. Perfect storm at the moment - loss of UK resale market, massive shortages of new stock and parts post-Covid and Brexit, major interruptions due to a war (wtf), and spiralling energy prices due to the rapid energy transition and the Russian sanctions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Huge loss, a gent and a lady. One of the few decent car dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Such a shame. Got my i3 through them. Absolute legends to deal with.

Advertisement