Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox one X/S ?

• 30-03-2022 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Whats the difference between the Xbox one X and the Xbox one S ? like is the performance the same ??? Id like to get a white xbox one x 1tb but, cant find any new for 399 euro. Theres only one on Ebay which is 630 euro (but that's the price of the new Xbox one series x So, whats the point paying 600 yoyos on the old ) Amazon had them back in stock but they sold out quick I thought maybe why not buy the S because, of the price. But, will I still get the same performance in games compared to an X ??? or should I just buy an X second hand like new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

Is it just loading times, That all in the difference ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Series S | X have much much faster loading times and better graphics. Eg higher frame rates and resolutions ..

If you plan to play a lot the get the XBox Series X new. They are much easier to get now. It's not Xmas time. Pay 500 and no more for a new one, i.e. the RRP.

I wouldn't bother with the old last gen one x or one s unless you get one real cheap. You can easily get a Series S for 299 new.

The Series S is already showing it's limitations, no 4K, no disk drive and half the storage. So, Series X for the long run. But Series S still good.

Also the 3 years for gamepads ultimate deal for about 120 or less is a no-brainer if you are going into Xbox land.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

I found a refurbished Xbox One X on Cex for 280 euro Comes with a 24 month warranty I guess that the cheapest I will find one for

Microsoft make things so complicated 😀 with their stupid console names.

So, if you don't care too much about 4K or disk based games then the Series S will give you 1440p, much faster loading and much newer hardware brand new for 299.

Also brand new controller etc etc, access to Series S | X games ... Also Series S | X are silent ... That second hand one x might be noisy etc etc

Faster loading may not sound much, but it's a game changer for me. It's seconds Vs minutes sometimes.

Not sure disk based stuff means anything anymore unless you want to sell your games. If you wait long enough games are always discounted digitally ,.always sales and then their is game pass ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I think the One S should be disregarded completely at this stage.

The One X will play 4k and is still a very decent console but being the owner of a Series X, it's painfully slow to go back to. Mine is still used for media/apps in the living room. Also they're known to get noisy as the factory application of thermal paste was terrible - many people have fixed their own.

The Series S by all accounts is quick and performs decently but is fixed to lower res (not necessarily a bad thing) and has no disk drive. Very competitively priced too. At this stage, if you don't need the disk drive, I'd opt for this over the One X (not something I would have said when first released)

Series X is the daddy. I don't even leave mine in quick start mode as it's starts quickly enough in energy saver. I thought stock levels were better these days.

• Advertisement

I found a new Xbox one x 1tb for $529.99 from Walmart in america. Are xbox ones region locked or will the only difference be the plug ???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

xbox one x is the previous generation, xbox series x is the latest one.

Just get a new one RRP from Smyths , garmestop , harvey Norman etc locally keep an eye out... It's not Xmas anymore ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

$529 dollars how is that a good deal for a console that was released a few years ago. I won't repeat what the others said but I agree with them so if you didn't catch them the first time re-read through the thread.

Ok Smyths have a ton of X box series X at RRP in store and delivered

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-gaming/xbox-series-x-%7c-s/xbox-series-x-%7c-s-consoles/xbox-series-x-1tb-console/p/192012

as the pizza shop owner said to Peter Parker in spider man 2

Go go go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

I have a one S (saving points for Series X)... Does the job, but painfully slow to load games and graphics not great.

I'd be iffy about buying second hand.

I also have a 360 in the attic lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

get a fast usb3 key and run your games from that..miles faster than the built in hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

Cool thanks. Any recommendations non usb3 keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anything that hits speeds of 100mb read write. Practically all of them hit that now. I used to play dayz on the one x and it used to struggle,

plugged in a usb stick I have and the fps change was unreal. That hard drive really held the console back.

Advertisement