Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fool's Day Bublé, McGuigan Misery Revisited, & Sr. Michael: The Late Late Show-Friday 1st April 2022

• 31-03-2022 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

A mixed bag this week, as two presumably upbeat guests are offset by a Croagh Patrick sized hill of MISERY.

First up in the happy place is cheesy Canuck crooner Michael Bublé-looks like he's LOIVE, for a change, even though...it isn't Christmas?

"This week's Late Late Show line-up has been unveiled, ...blah blah blah...Canadian singer Bublé will chat about working with his heroes Paul McCartney...who'd crawl across the Sahara on his belly for the promise of a pound...and Willie Nelson on his new album Higher, why he might just quit music for TikTok...no he won't...and his son's hilarious reaction to finding out that another baby is on the way."

Second "happy person", albeit with a hint of illness thrown in, is the redoubtable Sister Michael, who to be honest about it, carried that show all on her own.

"Star of Derry Girls Siobhán McSweeney will be on the show to chat about going home to Cork to film her new television series, how she ended up in a nursing home after breaking her leg...this will be the bulk of the interview, while Hobbidy plays with himself behind the desk...and making saucy candlesticks during lockdown."

With that out of the way, time to see if we can make the Clones Cyclone cry again...😔

Jesus.

"Ahead of making his ascent to Croagh Patrick, Irish boxing legend Barry McGuigan will discuss dedicating his climb to, not only Charlie Bird and Vicky Phelan, but also his beloved late daughter, Nika.

McGuigan, like so many people in Ireland, has also been affected by suicide having lost his brother Dermot in 1994 and would therefore like to help raise money for Pieta House."

Finally, the night before the day they climb the mountain-an event to which YOU are not invited, boys and girls, Charlie and friends get wheeled out once more, and Hobbidy gets to yet again ask us to donate to something which he can humblebrag about for the next six months.

"Charlie Bird’s Late Late Show appearance last December captured the hearts of the nation as he bravely spoke of his Motor Neurone Disease diagnosis, as well as his goals to climb Croagh Patrick and raise vital funds for Motor Neurone Disease and Pieta House.

This Saturday morning, people from all over the country will climb hills or mountains in their locality and will stand with Charlie in raising awareness and some much-needed funds for both causes."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Is this Croagh Patrick climb turning into an NK Management client event?

Why is Tubs "racing" down on Saturday if you're meant to lend your support by climbing in your local area, surely it's not for a photo opportunity?

From the event website : "Charlie is encouraging anyone who wants to get involved in ‘Climb with Charlie’ to do so in their own localities."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

DONT SHOW UP TO CROAGH PATRICK IF YOU ARENT IN RYANS CLIQUE.

I don't care if its a public mountain.

I don't care if its a tradition you have been observing for years for your own personal reasons to climb it on that date.

I don't care if it actually is the mountain in your locality.

YOU ARE NOT WELCOME AND YOU WILL BE MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME.

Ryan is allowed to invite himself along and the requests for the sake of safety to show your support by climbing in your own locality DO NOT APPLY TO RTE PEOPLE.

THE RTE CREW ARE COMMING ACROSS THE COUNTRY. PLEASE MAKE WAY. YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE COOL KIDS SO YOU ARE NOT INVITED.

DO NOT EVEN THINK OF APPROACHING THE VIP TENT AT THE TOP OF CROAGH PATRICK EITHER.

To be clear I have no issue with the Climb for Charlie and think the man is an absolute inspiration. Incredible dignity and resilience and class in the face of extremely difficult and sad circumstances.

I just don't like the way Riffin' Ryan and his cronies from their agency have pushed themselves front and centre of this endeavour. Also, the hypocrisy from Ryan about telling people to stay local while crossing the country himself just to get some more attention is typical of the most insincere and fake person I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Tubs won't have the legs to get up Croagh Patrick. It's the last bit, where you take two steps up and slide one down that gets into the leg muscles.

He'll be frozen stiff up there as well. Probably show up in his (ironed front crease) jeans and Mountain Rescue will carry him down.

There's a couple of helicopters on standby to pick up some of the sicker ones once they get on top and feel they can't make it down, I'd say the great and the good of RTE will elbow their way past the more needy. The afternoon tea in the Westport House won't eat itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭StevenToast

To hell with all the cynicism.....I for one hope that the entire country shows up at croagh patrick to cheer on Tubridy and all his NK buddies....

Be sure to get as many selfies with Tubs and autographs...he will appreciate all the support....

PLEASE IRELAND, SHOW UP IN YOUR DROVES....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Buble live in studio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Didn't realize you opened a new thread !

Some thoughts

"I'd not hear about TLLS only I look for info on RTÉ and Media, Ryan Tubrity must be the most written about presenter across the media.

It's the same old tropes from Tubs

I imagine this is how he writes his scripts

"Bubble .... heard of him... [laugh] ... oh yes he's back on tonight ... this is no april fool ... [laugh] perhaps I am an april fool ... [laugh] no .... no ... I am petravidived .... [laugh] ... haven't been like this since I didn't the aul LC .... [laugh]... yes flokes tubs is dueting with .... [laugh] ... bubble on tonights Late Late .... [laugh] loads more on the show"

And again me being cynical about Charlie Bird (and with upmost respect) but I remember Joan Brosnan Walsh (Mags from Fair City) and Colm Murray (RTÉ Sports Reporter) both on the Late Late show about their Motor Neurone Disease but it wasn't like this. I know its terrible to even criticize something like this but..."

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

wonder has he a april's fools prank lined up??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I presume Joe's Duffy has been off the last few days, exercising, Stretching muscles, Doing press ups, getting into shape generally in preparation for operating Two Buke stands , one at the Top and one at the Base of Croagh Patrick in anticipation of flogging a few of his Bukes on the day. Duffy , not one let a moment slip to plug or sell his wares, so to speak , especially at a charity event.

Let's hope Mountain Rescue are on stand by, should Duffy cause a land or Rock slide 😁

We've had Dancing with Friends, I fear this event is turning into a Climb with friend's.

Clearly Joe's Penchant for Cavier and the Coddle has caught up on him , since this delightful photo taken 😏

Post edited by Dempo1 on

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

Every bully post gets reported. If personal bullying is the best way you can feel good about yourself, then your self-loathing is your own loss.

• Advertisement

Every bully post gets reported. If personal bullying is the best way you can feel good about yourself, then your self-loathing is your own loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

There's just something I have to get off my chest.. Something I've been meaning to say for a very long time..

Ryan Tubridy you're the doyen of light entertainment. My feelings can hardly be expressed in words. I thought I was obsessed with you, I am, but it's deeper than that..I love you!

😜😜😜

Are you feeling OK or is your post an April fools prank 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I miss Jean

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

I get the impression that those celebs climbing will have blown thousands on outlandish outdoor explorer attire for the ascent up, sort of reminds me of the Pine Barrens episode of Sopranos where Bobby has to do a rescue job and goes overkill on the clothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭screamer

Well burst my buble, what the feck tubs crowing along…. Ugh

Sitting down to weetabix in banana flavour milk. My Friday treat. Managed to get 12 weetabix in the bowl with 750ml of banana milk 😉

• Advertisement

Base camp. Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Masked audience again, honestly, who decides to make this decision with the state owned station?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,248 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all 😊

Is Joe Duffeh going up Croagh Patrick tomorrow?

Barry is mad to come back after last year.

Ryan making Croagh Patrick sound like K2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So Bird has made it despite the loads of people on here saying he will not good man. Will he make Barry cry again

Evening,

I hear a crane hire company on standby 😁

Imagine, a woman had a baby.

He hasn't climbed it yet.

But best wishes to Charlie.

• Advertisement

Mmm...I wonder who the mysterious man in the glasses sitting next to them is...

Advertisement