Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another one of those car recommendation threads

Options
  • 30-03-2022 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭

It's time for me to get a car and build back up the NCB. I last owned a car in 2016 and managed up to now without one by commuting by train to work and cycling everywhere else. I am just looking for a car that is cheap to run and low cost on insurance hence no more than 1.2 litres. I will be using it once a week for a 50km motorway round trip and the rest for short spins of no more than 25km round trips on rural urban roads. I have a budget of no more than 7,000 and I was looking at the Renault Clio (2013 model) or the Seat Ibiza. If anyone has any other recommendations please feel free. I wouldn't be keen on Ford Fiesta or a Suzuki swift.

Comments

Advertisement