Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Operation challenges on your farm?

• 30-03-2022 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm curious to hear what operational challenges you have on your farm that you would love a solution to? Or what operational challenges have you solved on your farm by managing it differently? I'm not talking about farm runing costs or input costs here, but more along the lines of jobs that are an innefficient use of your time that you wish could be improved. For example, I find dosing cattle to be such a big job and wish there was an easier way of doing it. I often thought a 'dose-lick' would be so convenient, but don't know if this would work properly in the field.

Anyway, just curious to hear what others are doing!

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Have a look for the 'Farm Hacks' group on Facebook. Some useful ideas on there.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Also have a look at the guntering thread and the tinkering thread.

They are some heavy duty great ideas

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Catching and tagging a suckler calf born out in a field is my one. Bring everything back into the yard and pack them tightly into a holding yard works. But not on an out farm.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gazahayes

Remember mixing worm drench for calves through ration in a cement mixer back nearly 30 years ago now can't remember how well it worked.

Advertisement