Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Richard Moore (Cycling podcast)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

That's really terrible news. I've listened to the podcast for a good while now and always thought he was the life and soul of it.

RIP Richard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I was only listening to the Friends Special on the origins/ development of the podcast in the last week or so. They mentioned how you feel you know podcast presenters personally. It certainly feels like that today anyway, even though I only met him once after the live show. RIP Buffalo.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

I enjoyed his book , In search of Robert Millar .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

That's a real shame. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I love listening to The Cycling Podcast and was happy to pay the annual subscription because I thought they did such a good job. I'm very saddened to hear about Richard.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭G1032

Oh my God. Just seeing this now and hadn't heard. That's just shocking. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭G1032

I never realized he rode the Ras. 1997. 9 days. 10 stages. 🙈

http://www.rastailteann.com/event/printer_494.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭lissard

Really sad news, he always came across as a real gentleman. A really talented broadcast, shocking to see him gone at just 49.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Hi,

Yes, I heard this news earlier today....

I never met Richard,but like a few of you,listened to the podcast for a few years.. I really enjoyed the banter between Richard, Lionel & Daniel... And their Tour podcasts were always great...

I followed Richard on Instagram & see that he moved to France.. I made a few comments to posts and he responded..he seemed like a gentleman and a real character.. during the lockdown I watched him to an Instagram with Orla,the Eurosport Presenter...they were both really funny and had a great rapport...

The man died too soon.

^ From the tweets Orla had up this morning they would have been very good friends from the sounds of it.

Shocking stuff, he wasn't sick, suspected heart attack according to a post the family have up on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭griffin100

Slaying The Badger is an outstanding read. Very sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

It does feel like a friend has left even though the closest I got to actually meeting him was at the live show in Dublin when they did a tour of the podcast. I voice that kept me company every week while working in isolation the last two years especially. Rest in peace Richard, my heart goes out to his family and all of his friends and colleagues

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Just wanted to add my words of sorrow here at this news. When you listen to someone for so long, it's a great loss in your life.

For me, the cycling season this year, or maybe any other year from now on won't be the same. After many years away, I returned to following the sport about 5 years ago and have listened to every one of their podcasts since then. Cycling and their podcasts went hand in hand for me. R.I.P. Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭setanta159

Such a tragedy. Listen religiously the podcast, follow him on Strava and saw he was out for a cycle in Flanders on Sunday last. Came across as a really decent person. RIP Richard Moore, the friend I never met.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Out of habit I keep checking my Podcast App for new episodes of The Cycling Podcast before I quickly realise about Richard :(

Advertisement