Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Boy - Netflix - (**Spoilers**)

• 27-08-2019 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭

Netflix's continuation of the Channel 4 series drops September 13th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Can’t wait for tomorrow, been looking forward to a continuation of top boy for the last couple of years. So glad Netflix picked it up, couldn’t believe it was just left so unfinished.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Brilliant, the first series was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

871374555d5fb5805603cfb5f3081e09.jpg&quality=70&width=648

Since these two characters met on screen, this relationship has grappled with a part of me that I did not know was there. I find It endearing when they are on screen together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Do you have to watch the first two seasons made by channel 4 or would you be able to jump straight into the new Netflix series ?

Saw the trailer for this on netflix and it looks excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

ricero wrote: »
    Do you have to watch the first two seasons made by channel 4 or would you be able to jump straight into the new Netflix series ?

Saw the trailer for this on netflix and it looks excellent

Personally Top Boy s1&2 is well worth the watch and i would recommend watching both before the series. If you just watched the s3 i feel you'd be missing out due to be being left scratching your head for most of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Finished this last night. Thoroughly enjoyed the new season. Was not expecting that ending. Show keeps me on edge all the time, I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Top class show and set up nicely for season 4. Don't know if there is any info on release dates etc but all three seasons so far are worth a watch but you really need to watch the first 2 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Delighted this came back and even happier that it continued where it left off - gripping season, excellent new characters, great storylines for the old characters. Potential controversial opinion here but I loved Driz's story in particular.

Great watch, will go back and re-watch S1 & S2 now as well, probably should've done it prior to this coming out but got too excited and dived right in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just watching this now (not knowing there was two other seasons!) Very good with obvious nods to the Wire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

very enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really enjoyed this - the quality kept up and the new cast, particularly Jamie, added a lot. Poor Ats!
    It took me a while to get the lingo out of my head too, especially when somebody asked me where they could get good food...

As to that scene at the very end:
    when the "junkies" were revealed to be undercover cops. I really liked that and hadn't expected it. It explained a previous scene when they were wandering around, pouring out some drink and acting soberly which had thrown me off. It also neatly sets up a fourth season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Just finished season 3 and I thought it was great ,
    Its a terrific programme ,
    I thought this season Kano who plays Sully was amazing you could really feel he was man struggling with some demons,
    Also Jac was a brilliant addition Jasmine Jobson done a great job with her,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I enjoyed season 1 and 2 but season 3 was just bloody fantastic stuff from start to finish. Great stuff and incredible acting all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Looks top class.

This has been a great series from the start many years back

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Halfway through the new season.

Fantastic stuff as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Binged it over the weekend. It's great, interested to see where they go next. As someone else said above it'll take a while to hear "peas" and "food" and not think about their alternative meanings.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another excellent season. Quality right to the end.

It seems to be one of those shows that not many people you ask have watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Could of watched an entire series of just crazy scouse Curtis.

Yeah that was one screwed up family dynamic. I thought they could have expanded a bit more on why Curtis's sister hated Lauren so much and why they were basically locking her up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Jasmine Jobson who plays Jaq is brilliant in this.

Really love this since the very first series summer house,

It's brilliant tv, it might be a bit of a unpopular call but i think the weakest characters are Dushane & Shelly , Shelly just doesn't make much sense to me ,

Sully & Jamie are brilliant , Curtis this season was an amazing performance , he was terrifying without ever putting hands on anyone ,

To me the stand out character is Jaq , Jobson does an amazing job i'd love to know how much is acting & how much is just her if you get me,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭billyhead

Jaq reminds me of Snoop from the Wire. Although you can understand better what Jaq is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yes I thought that when I first saw her in the last series too. Better looking though!

Post edited by billyhead on

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭markw7

• Advertisement

Does it not say spoilers will be posted in the title. Sorry about that.

Advertisement