Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Biden mental state is just escalating the war in Ukraine - read OP before posting

• 27-03-2022 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Congress need to remove Biden from office.

First he says he'll use chemical weapons s if Russia does, then he tells US troops they'll be invading, then he openly states that Putin has to go.

Even the best spin practitioners are struggling with this idiot.

It's a shame Americans are too divided to do the right thing.

Mod notes

We have stopped discussion of Biden's mental state in the presidency thread largely down to the way Trump tried to use it in the presidential election, and the fact that Trump supporters would troll the thread with the "Sleepy Joe" references

It is though a topic that does warrant some discussion, and for now, so long as this thread sticks to that particular topic, the thread remains open. If posters use it to have other unrelated digs at (or indeed praises of) Biden posters will be threadbanned and/or the thread will be closed. Please stick to the topic, and post in a constructive and civil manner

Donald Trump is not the topic, so there's no need to even mention him - indeed I would recommend not mentioning him at all of you wish to post in this thread

Threadbanned users:

maestroamado

Fandymo

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

By all means criticize Biden for what he has said or what he has done.

But absolutely nowhere did he say the US will use chemical weapons.

The direct quote when asked as to what would happen if Russia used chemical weapons was:

"We would respond, the nature of the response would depend on the nature of the use."

That's not threatening the use of chemical weapons. So stop setting up bullsh*t threads making stuff up. It's not welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good call Yurt, far too many of those kind of posts about the place

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The only one escalating the war in Ukraine is Putin and a shower of cnuts supporting him.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Biden did not say he would use chemical weapons, It's Putins mental state that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jesus, what a ridiculous thread

• Advertisement

Absolutely agree. There is plenty to criticise Biden for but making **** up or exaggerating the severity of a gaffe is dishonest and tarnishes legitimate criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭briany

There will be times on a Sunday morning that not all the alcohol has left your system by 7:53 AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

You think it's OK to spread misinformation?

Biden never threatened to use chemical weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Deub

Maybe because the op didn’t say much at all but still managed to give 2 incorrect information on 3 arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Very even-handed of you to agree with yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

The days of diplomatic language are over. Putin's a butcher.

Zelensky's not a politician and just says it how it is.

As for Biden, could you imagine Trump now, and what we'd get over the last 2/3 days?

Actually, a rational analysis of the American response to all this, has been fine by my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

All depends on whether Bidens language was scripted or not, Probably not ” given that the White house rolled it back . Which confirms he can't function too well away from a tightly scripted controlled environment.

Aside from Biden being forgetful, or having a stammer or whatever nonsense excuse is touted for his inability to align his gob with reality and policy, Putin has the Biden administration marked down as weak. Did that escalate the war? It encouraged Putin to invade anyway, Biden being in office now is not helping but the roots of this lay in the appeasement of Russia by Europe and the US for the last 15 years

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We have stopped discussion of Biden's mental state in the presidency thread largely down to the way Trump tried to use it in the presidential election, and the fact that Trump supporters would troll the thread with the "Sleepy Joe" references

It is though a topic that does warrant some discussion, and for now, so long as this thread sticks to that particular topic, the thread remains open. If posters use it to have other unrelated digs at (or indeed praises of) Biden posters will be threadbanned and/or the thread will be closed. Please stick to the topic, and post in a constructive and civil manner

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Wow, a lot of golks jumped on me quite quickly there, including jibes about being drunk on a Sunday morning .

A lot of people conflate criticism of Biden with support of Trump or even Putin, which it isnt. Those people should try to be more objective.

When spokespeople are constantly having to explain Bidens comments, it's a sure sign that something is wrong, surely you can see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Did biden say he'd use chemical weapons ?

I'd expect to be jumped on if wrong

Biden is doing a great job and I'd be more fearful that Putin is suffering paranoid delusions associated with early onset of dementia than Biden.

Having to deal on a personal level with someone who is suffering paranoid delusions that is something a magnitude more frightening...lucid...lunacy...lucid a while more... full on lunacy...and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,234 ✭✭✭✭fits

He’s saying what everyone is thinking but yeah he shouldn’t have said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Bidens played an absolute blinder past 2-3 months.

Firstly his intelligence was spot on that Russia were going to invade. We had so many 'well US military intelligence is always wrong look at Iraq' stuff in November-January.

Second he has shown himself to be firm but not maniacal or war monger. Putin on the other hand has shown himself to be weak minded tyrant instead of this genius strongman the internet tried to paint him as past decade. Lets see anyone post a shirtless Putin now riding a horse and saying he is cool lol.

Third what a f*cking speech last night. Right up there with Ich bin ein Berliner or Tear down this Wall. Bidens a diplomat and exactly what's needed at this time.

Can you provide verifiable quotes from respectable sources which form the basis of your post:

"he'll use chemical weapons"

"he tells US troops they'll be invading"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

• Advertisement

Is it arguable though that he could have played a stronger hand before the invasion ?

I'm undecided on this

Ah now. You can't honestly believe that.

If you are saying Biden is playing a blinder because Putin looks weak, you might as well say Michael Martin is playing a blinder too.

And his speech last night? It would be up there with "tear down this wall" if Reagan's staff came out immediately afterwards and clarified that he didn't want the wall taken down and he meant something else instead.

I got the impression that the US deliberately allowed the war to happen

It's a very weird strategy to basically do nothing and then proceed to arm the Ukrainians

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

To be honest, I think you've hit on the underlying issue here - a lot of people seem willing to forgive Biden's issues because "at least he's not Trump!"

No he's not, but I have the feeling he's being "managed" behind the scenes as Reagan was in his later years.

The bigger problem of course is that the best America can come up with nowadays is Biden, Trump or Hilary. No wonder the place is so divided.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Christine Neville

@MakersMark It's a shame Americans are too divided to do the right thing.

So what would do you think the nation's official response would be if they weren't divided?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Strange accounts tend to pop up on these thread's a lot these days....

Didn't all the pro Trump heads online seem to think that Biden was senile and had dementia?

I don't really see it myself, he seems to have handled the Russia situation as well as he can for now....

I don't really want the US going in all guns blazing personally as I think that will only escalate thing's

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They can't, Trump appears to have broken their brains.

Have a leader say one thing, and then having his administration or handlers constantly correct it, smacks of a guy in late stage Reagan and being run by his advisors, who also appear to be fairly clueless. His reponse when he was asked if he'd visit Ukraine was that he wanted to but "they" wouldnt let him. Not the sort of language you want from any leader, let alone the titular leader of the free world.

Post edited by Dyr on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭mikethecop

why wouldnt they ? you posted something that was easily and provably untrue ?

i have very little faith in biden in general and his age is a factor in that but I watched the press conference the other day and he seemed fairly on the ball, called out a few journalists for getting carried away and putting words in his mouth even .

its a very dangerous time to be misquoting and making up lies about what people said imo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Christine Neville

Who would you rather see in power? Hillary, Trump, Obama? Go on then... let's hear an answer?

Advertisement