Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Red car park @ Dublin Airport

• 24-03-2022 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

With the loss of quick park down the road there are much fewer parking spots available for the airport. We just used the red car park at Dublin airport last week and after what happened I want to make people aware of what is going on there. There were almost no spaces at all and several men in high vis were there directing newly arrived cars to park on the verges and clear way areas normally used for reversing out of marked parking spots. We were given a marked parking spot to use and off we went on our trip. When we came home and got back to our car it had been damaged by someone reversing in to it. And we had some job getting out of the spot as there was so little space behind us due to to a car having been allowed park at the verge behind leaving only a small car width of space to get out. No problem if your in a Mini but a big problem if you drive a big saloon. And of course the DAA car park company accepts no liability for any damage done. There will be a lot of people coming home to damaged cars in the red car park from now on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Despite any disclaimer notice posted by DAA you are not precluded from claiming redress for any damage to your car on their property.

The contract between you and the DAA is that they provide a place for the car and in turn you pay them for that service.

If the actions of their staff are putting your car in harms way you could be successful in a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's standard practice for the DAA to utilise the grass verges and access roads when the car park is full. They've been doing it for many years and at least it gives people an option when the car parks are technically full. It could be worse if you were turned away and missed your flight. It's unfortunate what happened to you but it's probably an isolated incident caused by a careless/incompetent driver.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a parking crisis looming for the summer - they're already exceptionally short of space in Red and its nowhere near peak.

Either Quickpark come back or Green has to be reopened to the public. However, I don't see Quickpark coming back as the land owner has taken possession of the lands again.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40213805.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Presumably they'll open the BLUE in due course?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its open already but is particularly unattractive for short trips.

While verifying that I hadn't gone mad and did actually see it as an option last time I booked, I found that Green is reopening to the public on April 8th. I'm not sure if it had been open before COVID - it went out of use for the T2 works and I don't remember if it reopened after!

May have been seasonally open, I do most of my flying in off-season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement