Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric scooter advice

Options
  • 29-10-2021 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi

This may be the wrong thread

Please move if necessary

Looking for advice/suggestions

Soon to be teenage girl

Wants an electric scooter for xmas

Any recommendations €300/400 or so

Ive looked online and so many choices would like help with picking a decent one

Appreciate the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

Anyone a link to electric scooter thread

Search is hard to find one

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

There is definitely an e-scooter thread on boards somewhere.

I bought the Xiaomi 365 last Christmas but I haven't taken it on to the road yet until the legislation passes it as legal. Just nipped around the local estate on it and it's fairly lively alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Xiaomi seems to be the one I see recommended all the time, I'd not go with any obscure brand as would fear a battery fire. I think though the Xiaomi are starting at €450ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Joe1919

"Soon to be teenage girl ........Wants an electric scooter for xmas"

I think the intended new law as presently drafted makes 16 the minimum age.

Quote from draft of act below.

Supply of powered personal transporter to person under 16 years of age

34. The Act of 2004 is amended by the insertion of the following section after section 30: “30A. (1) A person shall not supply a powered personal transporter to a person who is under the age of 16 years. (2) A person who contravenes subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a class A fine or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months, or both.”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Wear a hiviz and a helmet unless you want to be rushed to the graveyard.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies

Escooter idea called off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭amber2

I know this is resurrecting an old thread I have seen quite a few kids in our local town just today dodging between traffic going through the town behind trucks and vans with these scooters and no helmets on, they are an accident waiting to happen. Probably a serious one at that before anything is done though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

eScooters are old news here now in my area, they’ve moved on to eBikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

With throttles and 35kmh speed limits I expect..

Op here, happy with my decision not to buy one for now. Only this morning I seen what looked like a father and son doing the school run together on the 1 escooter - weaving in and out of traffic very dangerously. No helmets, lights - nothing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Advertisement