Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sixty Applicants???

• 23-03-2022 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I applied for a part-time warehouse job in Limerick and was taken aback to find out on indeed.ie that there was SIXTY applicants for it, I mean wtf??? I thought there was full employment these days and I'd be the only one going for it...but seemingly not😶

Are regular 9 to 5 jobs hard to come by??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

indeed is a swamp for recruitment.

I advertised a role on it last year - had about 800 applicants. I'd say about 7 were relevant and zero were called for interview.

It was a junior sales position and I got applicants from all over the world with previous experience ranging from being CEO of multinationals to working in creches as a cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

I'd bet my one good testicle that nowhere near all 60 of the applicants will actually turn up for an interview if it is granted. I'm speaking from experience. My previous employer was continually recruiting warehouse operatives and sometimes only 4 out of 10 applicants would bother turning up for an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

probably a good chuck will show their Turas Nua office their application and that it is .. tick a box and keep working for cash in the local pub or farm and collect the social

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I been finding it hard as well. Lots of regret to inform you, had a good few interviews, nearly 10 at this stage and all regrets. Nearly all of them I found on indeed though in fairness many of the ones I apply for have only 10-12 applicants. I'm starting to call bullshit on the whole shortage of workers thing

Advertisement