Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Namibian hardwood Ireland, has a website with online sales but best to give him a call so you can collect.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Polonez. Embarrassed I got that one wrong.

I was only in there Saturday and got a few pork neck steaks. Marinated in a bbq sauce. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Do polonez sell the charcoal?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Trigger85

Can anyone recommend a cleaner please?

• Advertisement

Blood donations happening in Minread center next week. Who doesn't like a date with Dracula!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Hi all,

Myself & my partner are new to the area, getting keys in then coming days & looking for some advice on the best internet provider in Naas.

Tried virgin but they are not available in our estate.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cogratulations and welcome to Naas.

Is siro available in your area? You can imput your address on the siro website!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Thanks!

Not available yet unfortunately, I've signed up for alerts from siro.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I had been with Vodafone for over 4 years. Had very minimal issues with them, definitely recommend them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Maynooth to Bray for €1! Naas commuters getting fleeced.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

Given how bad public transport is in Naas, I highly doubt many people care. The politicians certainly don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Isn't Maynooth about 12km closer to Dublin than Naas?

Why would a town 12km or about 50% further from a main city have to have a similar fare? I don't understand the logic.

I see the 90 minute fare applies to Sallins/Naas on the train

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

No I think the €3.80 fare still applies but any subsequent fares after that within 90 minutes are free. Ofcourse this is only available if you travel into town by train.

I noticed this last week when I went to Heuston from Sallins/Naas and the fare was €3.80. But then the luas into Jervis was free.

Oh I see what you mean, as Naas will pay €3.80 and Maynooth pay €2.00. seems make sense.

Get into town much quicker from Naas/Sallins too. So it looks like it’s €3.80 to the likes of Bray or Howth from Naas/Sallins, still not bad.

Oh..... got it now, thanks for clarify it, no more fight for Dublin bike at Heuston 😁

Looks like people are reading this wrong.

The 90 minute fare has been operation for several months now.

The 90 minute zone 1-4 fare is €2.50. It is being reduced from 9th May to €2

The 90 minute zone 5 fare is €3.80. It is also being reduced, and will be €3 from May 9th.

The 90 minute zone 6 fare is €4.90. It is being reduced to €3.90 from May 9th

You station in Sallins is in Zone 5, thus from May 9th it is €3 and no extra cost for any boarding within 90 minutes

All train fares are being reduced by average 20% from May 9th

and as for the initial post moaning about "Maynooth to Bray for €1", Sallins to Bray is €1.50 for that same person (young adult). That has to be superb value. But you preferred to just focus on a (non) negative

• Advertisement

Very informative post thank you. Will go ahead commuter fares be reduced on May 9th too?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

That is great news and is a huge step in the right direction for those of us who are able to take the train from Sallins. Disappointed that since Greystones was added to the 90 minute fare that Sallins & Naas is not, considering they are virtually equidistant to the city centre.

They really need to increase the frequency of the grand canal dock services. They are always the busiest trains and sometimes it’s impossible to get a seat. There are so many trains that terminate in Celbridge, one stop away. It only makes sense to increase these trains to terminate in Sallins. As they use intercity trains, there are no rails. They are not designed for standing so it’s a health and safety hazard to stand on them.

Bear in mind, Sallins train station is not accessible to many. Pipers Hill (where there are thousands of new houses) is over 6km from Sallins train station. There need to be city buses connecting the suburbs of Naas to the train station. In Greystones or Maynooth you can hop on a local dublin bus which will bring you to the train station, get the train for free (thanks to the 90 minute fare) and whatever subsequent journeys you have. We have no local bus routes to the train station (and no local routes in general to be honest), and certainly none that are integrated to the 90 minute fare.

I have seen that KCC are planning on implementing local bus routes which both terminate in Sallins train station with 30 minute frequency. However, I haven’t heard anything about it since. It is IMPERATIVE that these buses integrate with train, Luas and Dublin bus or else it is not helpful for the area to be honest as it would result in an extortionate price like the route 126 Bus. It must be the only train station within 30km of the city centre to not have a frequent Dublin bus connection or any bus connection.

Don’t get me wrong, this is great news for Naas commuters. We (as one of Dublin’s largest commuter towns) finally have some sort of connection with the transport system and are paying a somewhat reasonable fare. However, there are lots of improvements we need to lobby for like integrated local bus routes, a bus route to Tallaght hospital/TUD tallaght via citywest business park, a bus route to Maynooth, DART extension to Sallins, integrated buses, cycling infrastructure to Sallins, a park and ride, and more.

thanks I think you can take over Orla Rock's job now LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭luckymusik

You can start your journey with the train from Sallins/Naas for €4.90 and then pursue your journey with Dublin Bus at no extra cost from Drumcondra or Grand Canal for example.

Apparently, this fare will be reduced to €3.90 from May 9th.

The TFI 90 minute fare is indeed only valid from celbridge.

The TFI 90 minute fare is a specific single item costing €2.50 (€2 from May 9th)

The standard sallins leap card fare of €3.80 (€3 from May 9th) is valid for 90 minutes.

Can't see the confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Can someone recommend a pub guaranteed to be showing the GAA on Sky on Saturday evening? A few of us are going to Punchestown for a stag and hope to catch Dublin-Wexford if we leave before the last race or two. Actually, I am completely unfamiliar with the area, I assume it's a short spin into town, even allowing for race-day traffic?

I wonder if you got off the train at Adamstown and got the C1 or C2 bus into town would it work out at €2.30?

Not really any good gaa pubs in town, probably should be OK with McCormicks or Haydens but if there's racing on they could be showing that, might be best to contact them in advance.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Speaking of pubs- apparently a CAB raid in a drinking establishment in Clane today

• Advertisement

Yeah breeze bar in clane, can't say I know of it, apparently owned by gangsters.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement