Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Does anyone else have a package stuck in Taverny, lle-de-France FR? I have a package due to be delivered by today there since Saturday. Maybe the weather caused delays but I thought it would have departed by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Not sure that post is correct, it quotes the linked article as saying Autumn for the new fulfilment centre but reading the piece which dates from Sep 2021 it notes the 2nd delivery centre as (presumably last) Autumn and the fulfilment centre as next Spring i.e. Spring 2022. Whether its still on track for that I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Yes, mine was due yesterday.

Friday, 18 February

12:06 PM

Package departed an Amazon facility

Taverny, lle-de-France FR

I checked the tracking again, it departed Taverny 45 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Mine was just delivered, took 5 days to get from France to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭VanZan

I'd like to return a mobile phone to Amazon but An Post wouldn't take it because of the battery I think. The return address is for Dunfermline. The lady at the post office told me I'd have to try a private courier. Is this correct and if so is there a courier recommended?

UPS start from €11.99 and take 2-3 days. I've used them a few times to Dunfermline without issues.

Yeah I actually found someone saying to use UPS. I filled out all the information, paid with PayPal and it didn't complete the transaction. Some kind of internal security error.

Had another go at it and it seemed to work this time. Time will tell.

Post edited by VanZan on

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

Same here. Any ideas as to where it went wrong?

All I remember is the first time I did it I didn't have an account and also there was a checkbox to confirm it had a battery. On my second go I created an account and never had the battery checkbox (don't know what I did differetly). Anyway they collected it Thursday and I have a delivery estimate of Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Hello all, I am sure this has been covered already but with 55 pages on this thread alone my apologies in advance.

I am an infrequent Amazon user. I have a .co.uk account. I had voucher credit to use up on it since before Brexit ( I know ) and I used it today. Am I likely to be hit with import duty? I availed of a free 30 day offer for Prime prior to ordering.

I have looked into setting up a .de account and getting Prime through that going forward but I see they do not ship outside Germany & Austria. So, my question is what account are republic of Ireland people using and are they you getting hit with import duty?

Many thanks in advance,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Depends on the value of the goods and the seller. If sold by Amazon themselves the duty and VAT are included in the price paid. It gets messy with third party sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Amouar

Does anyone knows when Amazon will start shipping food items to Ireland again? They have stopped since Brexit and I'm missing all the good food deals that Amazon has :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭deezell

Foodstuffs from non EU sources are subject to checks on entry, so a big casualty of brexit, and I don't see how they can operate it for individual packages, it's hassle enough for the bulk importers like Tesco, and it's what's getting up the noses of the unionists in NI, the thoughts of EU checks on UK to NI deliveries. They can probably still get personal food packets through in the post though.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Probably not till amazon Ireland warehouse set up and we have a warhouse here in Ireland with stock in it, which is hopefully this year

That model would work, though it would probably only suit groceries with reasonable shelf life. You can't have failed to notice the very English food supply company Wiltshire Farms, who deliver 'TV dinners' to your door. Their market seems to be pensioners judging by the ads.

OP, What kind of food were you bringing in? Luxury? Exotic? Fresh, frozen etc. I'm curious, it would never have crossed my mind to buy edibles from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

Not OP, but pre-brexit I used to buy chocolate pellets from Amazon for baking. And also real maple syrup. The maple-flavoured sugar water here isn’t the real thing.

I found a French non Amazon supplier for the chocolate. Doing without maple syrup.

Prime delivery seems to be gone for Ireland again, at least the speed. Was ordering something last night, everything was delivery next Monday or Tuesday. Was looking at phones on Sunday and fastest from UK was Saturday but I could get 2 day delivery from Amazon Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just noticed the same myself. Everything I checked is next Monday or Tuesday. Ordered something on Sunday evening and it arrived yesterday so has only changed in the last couple of days.

• Advertisement

The same thing happened about two weeks ago and it went back to normal after a few days. Hopefully it's the same this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

Anyone know if there are delays with deliveries from Amazon at present?

I ordered a parcel from Amazon with an estimated delivery date of later this week.

I have n't yet received a dispatch confirmation email for the package.

I sent off an Xbox Series S on Wednesday for return, and it got to the Amazon Warehouse in Portlaoise earlier today.

Does anyone know if they consider it back in their possesion now? Or am I waiting until it gets back to the UK?

It says in the "Return Centre" that it's still "on the way back" to them.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Depends, sometimes I get instant refunds as soon as an post scans the return label, and some times I get refunds 14 days after I returned the order. You can always contact customer service and ask

Did just that. What I got back in an email:

This is X from Amazon, following on from our chat I wanted to confirm your return has been received and is being processed.

In the unlikely event we encounter any issues while processing your return, we'll contact you by e-mail.

Once your return has been completed, we'll request your refund

See my post above. Item arrived today, ordered last Monday, dispatched Saturday night. Everything I looked at last week was minimum 6 days delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A lot of my recent Prime deliveries are arriving quicker than signalled.

Five items ordered Sunday - on ordering, I was told three would arrive Wednesday and the other two on Thursday.

Both packages arrived around 3.30pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Chopper Dave

I’m seeing packages coming a day or so earlier than scheduled but the scheduled date has definitely moved out alright with most Prime, in stock products taking almost a week to arrive as opposed to the usual two days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i got an automated call on my mobile today about renewing my prime membership at the annual rate - i'm paying monthly and the dates the bot quoted don't add up - press 1 to pay now was the only option so i'm assuming it's a scam. number was +353 (87) 5296740 -

• Advertisement

You can't even reply f** off to the number, as its possibly some poor innocent's number which is being spoofed.

Advertisement