Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aston quay bus shelter taken over by drug addicts

Options
  • 05-03-2022 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Every time for the past 6 months that I've waited for the 145 bus at the aston quay bus stop, the bus shelter has had drug addicts underneath it. The first time I was sitting in the shelter two people came under the bus shelter, one sat down beside me and deliberately jabbed me in the side with his elbow. The other took out a pipe and smoked some sort of drug. I immediately left the bus shelter because I didn't feel safe there.

Another time while I was standing near the shelter I witnessed a drug deal taking place.

I've been in dublin twice per month in the last 6 months, each time there have been drug addicts in the shelter.

It's not fair that people waiting for the bus aren't able to use the shelter in the way it was intended, it's a bus stop, not a dealer stop

Post edited by Demonique on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

That entire area around Aston Quay is just lawless now. They used to sell drugs a good bit down Price's Lane to avoid being caught. Now they just deal right on the corner of the lane and the Quay as they know nobody will bat an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Every time for the past 6 months that I've waited for the 145 bus at the aston quay bus stop, the bus shelter has had drug addicts underneath it. The first time I was sitting in the shelter two people came under the bus shelter, one sat down beside me and deliberately jabbed me in the side with his elbow. The other took out a pipe and smoked some sort of drug. I immediately left the bus shelter because I didn't feel safe there.

Another time while I was standing near the shelter I witnessed a drug deal taking place.

I've been in dublin twice per month in the last 6 months, each time there have been drug addicts in the shelter.

It's not fair that people waiting for the bus aren't able to use the shelter in the way it was intended, it's a bus stop, not a dealer stop

IMO, if people who are waiting for a bus cant use the shelter it should be removed to prevent the dealers using it

I have no idea why my opening post was posted as a reply as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

I'm guessing as usual the Gardai are nowhere to be seen. Most of the city centre is like the walking dead and has been for the last 20-30 years and the city council or the Gardai have no interest in cleaning the place up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This,

audit suggests that we are hundreds of Gardai short.

We *spent, sorry, donated 867.5 million in overseas aid in 2020…circa 858 million in 2019..

in two years, rough maths… 1.7 billion ?

for a country this size, with our population, demands, needs… that’s an abomination…

yet our streets and cities are not safe…transportation infrastructure completely inadequate, hospital waiting lists at an all time high…and billions in giveaways over a decade, depressing..

here is a thing, how can you spend money on aid… it’s not spending per say it’s donating / giving away… media dressing it up as ‘spending’… disingenuous BS…

But I digress, how many more Gardai could 200 million held back, employ ? Quite a lot…

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

In the old days you might have spoken to the superintendent at Pearse St or a local Councillor such as Mannix Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Irish way of doing things. Let's get rid of facilities because we can't be arsed tackling the problem.

Plus it's cheap. *rolls eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sure we were still giving out over 600 million annually during the recession - borrowing money to give it away... absolute madness!

Charity begins at home, and as this thread is only one example of, we have more than enough serious problems that we aren't/can't seem to deal with. But apparently it's more important to donate huge sums of money elsewhere - with questionable results anyway!

Then you have the likes of Helen McEntee more concerned with legalising illegal immigration and virtue signalling rather than for example mandating the Gardai to do a huge cleanup operation on the city streets as opposed to the easier job of sitting on motorway on-ramps with a speed gun.

But I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you/me we're racist or whatever! That's the world we live in nowadays!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Correct…

its a mass giveaway of our resources..that’s the factual description.

I have to laugh at how these disingenuous slippery fools, we are ‘ spending ‘ money on helping…

cambridge dictionary : spending… to give money as payment for something.

‘spending ‘ ? Really. No, we are ‘giving away’..But they will never select that language as part of their linguistic skullduggery. You spend… you receive….

i spent money on a TV…I spent money and received a return on it.

i stick a few bob in my cousins birthday card half an hour ago… im giving her, I’m not spending…

Resource our Gardai, resource our health services, our transport infrastructure…. Our wellbeing… then see what we might do to ‘give’

’spending’… no, disingenuous lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The Merchants quay bus stop had to be moved, real time and all up the street away from all the addicts. Terrible that reulare commuting tax payers can't just go about their business. Aside from addicts there are now very large groups(dozens and sometimes up to 100 at the weekend) of feral youth running around and the gardaí seem to avoid them. If they set up on the boardwalk and start screaming, fighting, throwing things etc. garda foot patrols tend to cross the river to avoid them, absolutely no interest. There should be legislation that targets their parents social welfare benefits and gardai who are interested in the work.

Advertisement