Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Audi A6 E-Tron ( Sportback and Estate ) - on sale in 2023

Options
  • 17-03-2022 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭

The electric A6 will be based on Audi and Porsche’s upcoming PPE platform, which means 800 volt architecture and fast charging speeds of up to 270kW. The floor-mounted battery will be roughly 100kWh and should provide up to 435 miles of WLTP range in certain specs. 

When the production version finally arrives there’ll be rear-wheel drive/single motor and all-wheel drive/dual motor options. The quickest versions will manage 0-62mph in less than four seconds and 10 minutes of fast charging should offer an extra 186 miles of range. Nice. This won’t be the end of the combustion-engined A6 though – Audi has confirmed that petrol-powered cars will be available in some markets alongside the e-trons for a while yet. 

There’ll also be cameras for door mirrors, a huge rear diffuser and posh Digital Matrix LED headlights that can project video games onto walls for you to play whilst charging.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/hurrah-its-audi-a6-avant-e-tron-concept

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Fantastic looking thing isn't it? Along with the sportback too. Easily my favourite EV going by looks and as an A6 driver now, obviously this has my interest. Its not going to be eligible for any grants and will be expensive but I suppose they'll have to pitch it in alongside the EQE whatever prices that ends up at

Bmw i4 pricing might be a good indicator considering the cheapest 4 series is 57k and the i4 is 63k starting, I'd expect this to start at similar amount above the a6 which would make it high 60s as a very minimum for base spec. Probably looking at 75k for a decent one in all reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Probably have one of these before the i4 at this stage!!

I much rather the Audi GT Etron, it's one of my favourite looking EVs, ahead of Taycan and possibly even the i4 too.

Advertisement