Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supermacs N17 Plaza Tuam

• 20-01-2022 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when this is supposed to open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Paddico

Does anyone on here thats not from Galway actually like Supermacs burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I’m from Galway and I hate superman’s, scandalous I know 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I used to like them until they got rid of the cod burgers. Those were the best

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a Chicken breast sandwich within the last year, it isn't a patch on the one from years ago. Other than that I haven't eaten from Supermacs since the days of going there after a nightclub, and those days are well behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

the curry chips are nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Paddico

Their chips are nice but way over priced and a tiny portion. Would much prefer to go to the local take aways.

With really top juicy burgers coming out of different places nowadays, their burgers are really lagging behind.

Poor quality ingredients, bread and meat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

owner is the definition of a millionaire gombeen

It's not competing against Gourmet burgers. It's competing against McDonalds and Burger King and the food is of a far better quality.

Personally I'd only get a Gourmet burger like Handsome if I'm going to have one, but the growth of his business shows that he's doing well.

It's good for Galway, Ireland(the comp are foreign businesses) and Galway GAA so how it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I like fat chips but they are more prone to being undercooked and not crispy.

If I have to eat there then the smokey bacon is alright. But it's apples and oranges to compare them to the gourmet burgers that cost €10. That said, I think the reason why those places work is we're all trying to have less of burgers so when you do get one after a few months it's worth spending double to get a really nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭cannco253

Still no sign of this place opening up soon.

Is there any news on the place at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭flazio

One of the slowest plazas to open.

I swear, whoever he has building these places could have the housing crisis sown up in two years. The speed in which Kinnegad and Portlaoise went from greenfield to operating was 6 months tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Random roadworks outside it doing my head in

Ya think they are finished as nothing happens for days . Then get caught

So go around the long way the next day just in case and there is none there

and don’t get me started on the speed bump they seem to have been constructing for two years .

The highlight was a few days ago when both randomly set up roadworks in the evening . Two sets of lights about 100m apart

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cal naughton

Was there not a serious workplace accident there with the site closed down by the HSA. It was due to open before Christmas however the accident occurred around that time. No wonder there was an accident with the speed they were going

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TnxM17

I spotted this article that says the Tuam Plaza opened last Friday.

https://www.galwaybeo.ie/news/supermacs-tuam-n17-plaza-first-6791731

Advertisement