Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

permanent tsb Ideal Home Show - FREE Tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭ozmo

"Enter a valid PROMO code at checkout to avail of free ticket."

Where do you get the PROMO code? Don't see it on the page. Thanks.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just a word of warning - we engaged an architect we met at the ideal homes a few years ago. Turned out to be totally incompetent and incredibly arrogant to boot.

Bought something fairly pricey one year from RDS - and after I paid they refused to give me a receipt - assume it was a limitation of their stall setup - discovered afterward it was because they advertised the price in Euros but charged me in Pounds Sterling.

Took many complaints and calls to RDS but eventually, RDS said they tried same scam on many others and they got me the difference back. Wasn't going to let them away with it.

Saying that - the item, a very featured car alarm for my old car, was very good though and got many years service from it before passing it on.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Theres no quality control on who gets to exhibit so its very much buyer beware. One of the biggest exhibitors is a windows company that receives a fair few complaints online but they'll still be there year in year out. And with services like architects exhibiting there Id be immediately be wary of why they are not getting business by word of mouth and instead paying thousands to exhibit at it. The very best in trades and services dont need to exhibit at these shows as they have more business than what they can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Coupon Code IrishTimes still works if anyone is planning on going tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

As a matter of interest does anyone actually pay the €15pp to get in ?!!?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

For anyone only seeing this now, I was in there at the weekend and I can confidently say that you missed nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement