Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onlydaughter30

You get a topic 7 days in advance and you have to prepare it. Then 10 min presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

There seems to be a lot of HEO competitions lately? Another new interdepartmental one advertised again.

Anyone know anything about working in the Dept of Housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 missy_t

Does anyone know what happens to my flexi-time hours when I move to my new role? At the minute I'm down a few hours and it will be very hard to work them back up when before I move to the HEO job (I can't really be given much work at the moment as I'll be leaving half way through any new projects). Is it carried over? Or do I start afresh in the new role? I'm not even sure if my new job is back on flexi-time yet as they are still working mostly from home.

I failed 2 HEO interviews since the beginning of the year, an internal and an interdepartmental one. I keep going down on Team Leadership and Judgement, analysis and decision making even though I changed my examples on the forms. V frustrating as I am very qualified for the role and I need to get out of my current role for my sanity! I passed the AO interview but yet I failed the HEO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 MommaMiaJTB

I just spotted a circular for a new Interdepartmental HEO Competition! Does that mean this one is ended?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Until a new panel is established which will take a good few months they'll likely still be using the current panels, they clearly need plenty of HEOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Very hard to give any thoughts on this without seeing your example, but presumably you are not hitting the points they are looking for. If it was a once off I suppose you might be able to think that maybe it was the particular interview board you had, but failing two interviews would tell me your example is not good enough or you aren't getting the relevant points across in the actual interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onlydaughter30

I emailed pas last week and the current one is in place until Jan 2023.

Post edited by onlydaughter30 on

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Sophia Petrillo

Good updates here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

When moving Departments does it generally go smoothly?

I have a start date for the new department but current one I am hearing nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The_Gardener

Hi Rebelinho - I placed 6th in batch 1 for Limerick last August and there is presently one person ahead of me. I have not seen very many HEO appointments in my current department in all that time. An internal comp closed at the end of 2021 and everyone except the last 7-10 Limerick candidates were placed- talk about being left behind as the tide pulls out! Chances are Kerry will catch up quicker if this is the rate of promotion in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jewel22

Has anybody been placed from the Regional Panels that had a stage 3 interview in February?

I am aware that more stage 3 interviews took place in March. It just seems the panels have very little movement. I had my final interview in February and placed in the top 5 oom for both my regions.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 happymammy6

Has anyone received any offers from Regional panels recently. another competition advertised but doesn't seem be a lot appointments in this competition. I'm no 3 in batch 2 in regional since last December and no movement since Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ballingarry

The updates here have gone very quiet. I have heard of people being appointed in a number of regions which means at least a number of the panels have movement. All of the appointments that I have heard of are from batch 1.1. Well done to those who have been appointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jewel22

Hi Ballingarry, in my chosen regions PAS are currently on Batch 2.2 and Batch 3.1. Two people have been appointed from Batch 2.2 since February and there has been no movement on my other region in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ballingarry

Anybody know of any appointments for Tipperary from July onwards or if there is anybody in clearance for Tipperary? They are still on Batch 1.1 for Tipperary but very little movement from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Does anyone know where they are with the Cork panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

Has anybody been placed in Westmeath recently. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Herewego22

Can anyone tell me was there anyone called for interview on the Louth panel in this competition. I see this competition expires in Jan 2023. Trying to establish if there is an existing Louth panel in place. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement