Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saorview box

• 09-03-2022 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I have tv ariel connected to my freeview tv im not getting all irish channels...if i got saorview box and connected to bunny tv ariel would i get the irish channels on saorview box

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RoTelly

It depends on the Freeview box, is it Freeview HD? Are you able to tune in Freeview channels? RTÉ ONE and 2 only air on Saorview in HD.

It also depends on where you are for Rabbit Ears, I know I can pick up them up in Dublin, but in Westmeath I think I would need an outdoor aerial.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jayo9

Its freeview hd but cant tune in anychannels ave a slx ariel can get rte1 virgin 3 when i move it around i can get rte 2 tg4 virgin media 1 but cant get em all 2geda and sumtimes it freezes if i got a saorview box connected slx ariel to it would i get saorview channela

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭PureIsle

you need a better aerial, preferably outdoor.

No receiver will make up for a useless aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

an indoor amplified aerial should work, no need for outdoor aerial

Cheers but if i got a saorview box would indoor ariel get irish channels as thats all i want

• Advertisement

Ave that connect to tv ariel

If your able to pick up a few of the channels the saorview box won't fix the problem of reception.

RTÉ ONE and VMTV THREE are possible on one mux

RTÉ 2 and VMTV one on another mux

Your picking up both muxes up via the Freeview box when you move your aerial meaning that the problem is not the box but the signal.

I have been able to get all Saorview channels on an Aerial in an upstairs bedroom, I have got it right at the moment but if the aerial moves it will kill one of either of the muxs for me.

As suggested either an outdoor aerial or an amplified indoor one.

I have an attic aerial which has no problems, but it depends on if your living in a house or an apartment, also depends on how far you are from your nearest transmitter.

https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

______

Yesterday

Cheere would i be better getting a saorview tv with all irish channels built in

Would a tv signal booster be any good?

• Advertisement

Or even a firestick amazon or now tv would u get irish channels?

Same difference only that the tuner is built in.

It may work but you can always return it if it doesn't

Neither provide you with the Irish channels. They only give you the players (excluding TG4 on NOW TV). On Now TV their is no LIVE tv for the channels unlike on other services, not sure if this is the case on Firestick.

A new TV will most likely be a smart TV will have the player apps and the tuner built in and most likely a satellite tuner for the British Channels. But you will need to sort out the aerial issue first.

______

Yesterday

If i got one for all amplified tv ariel and connected it ti my slx tv ariel should i get irish channels

You may get the Soarview channels, its not guaranteed. AFAIK you can only really guarantee a good signal with an aerial in your attic or outside.

As I say I get a signal for all Soarview channels through an indoor aerial in Dublin. similar to

______

Yesterday

I tuned it in on irish channels 1 side of apt can get rte 1 virgin media 2 on other side off apt i get rte 2 tg 4...i tuned in on english version nearly have all channels but screen keeps going blurry would a tv booster or a better tv amplifier to ariel work cheers for info

Advertisement