Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scratch on new double glaze window

Options
  • 06-03-2022 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I got new double glaze windows installed 2 days ago, While I was wiping them down today I saw that there is 1 long scratch on the bottom of the glass in the spare bedroom window, this scratch is about 5 inches long but it’s not in the line of sight!

I know getting windows installed in a house can lead to little scuffs on the windows but should I say something about this, I am ment to pay them tomorrow, would you complain if you were me?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭newfy

They did a great job in fairness to them, I will say it to them tomorrow, maybe they’ll change out the glass, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

Absolutely complain, I have had several peices of glass replaced due to scratches, it was no quibble from the window manufacturer. But I guess this varies from company to company. Thinking about it logically, unless your house is a building site how could it have been scraped?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭MAYOMICK

Absolutley complain and dont pay till job is completed to your satisfaction.I got windows installed a few years ago and paid a deposit with the balance to be paid on completion .I made sure I wasnt there when they finished so I could have a right look around.There were a few problems which they were slow to rectify,.I eventually told them that I didnt care whether they were fixed or not but the would never see the few thouand I owed them,That woke them up.

Advertisement