Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wearable air quality monitor?

• 07-03-2022 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I was reading an article covering two studies that showed the brain health benefits of running are cancelled out when running in cities with air pollution:

I jog 10k a few times a week in the local park that crosses over the m50. Does anyone know of a wearable air quality monitor? I'd love to see what the air quality is like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

There is website for it in ireland if you google it.

Air quality west dublin is very good in general. Its more the big cities the concerns are about

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Wouldn't worry about fumes running over a motorway. They tend to be big wide roads, in open spaces and surrounded by fields so plenty of air flow.

It's around traffic jams in city centres that you should be more concerned about air quality, where tall buildings mean that the air can't move and even if it does it just gets replaced by dirty air from the next street over.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

The only device I found was this one for $350 https://atmotube.com/products/atmotube-pro

Advertisement