Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommendation for 15 metre Type 2 Charging Cables

Options
  • 05-12-2021 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

HI folks,

I am looking to get an untethered charging point installed and due the the location I will need a 15 metre Type 2  cable. Any advice on what to watch out for when purchasing a Type 2 Charging Cables. It seams like a lot of the retailers online may be making them up themselves so I can imagine there could be verity in quality.

The car has an onboard single phase charger so will go it the single phase cable. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,773 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Phil Fitzgerald (electricautos.ie) got me one nearly 5 years ago. I use it permanently connected to my untethered charge point. It hasn't missed a beat. He got it for me slightly cheaper than I could get it myself online too and I supported a small Irish business. Win-win!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

I got in touch with Phil to get a 10m Type 2 Cable but they don't supply them any more - any other suggestions to avoid going the UK route?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭handpref

Wasn’t Phil making them up to order? And repairing broken ones. The end of UK imports really hit his business hard. Electric Autos are without doubt the best company I have ever dealt with. Knowledge and professionalism that would put main dealers to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fluffykre

Hi Plates in the end I went with the following cable from this website. It shipped from Lithuanian and says made in China. I decided on the single phase cable over the 3 phase as its lighter and my car does not have 3 phase. If your car has 3phase charging they have a 3 phase able there for a few extra euros. I have tested it on publics chargers and the same full charge rate is showing as if I was using my 3 meter cable which came with the car so looks like it works as intended. Connectors seem good too.

Also gave them a call before buying and they picked up the phone straight away so if theres an issue they should be contactable.

https://evchargeplus.com/shop/ev-charging-cable-type-2-to-type-2-32a-1-phase-15m-copy/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

I got one from evchargeking

Comes from Germany, could not find the length I needed locally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement