Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for explanation

• 01-03-2022 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, I'm new in this forum and hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my question...

Please has anyone dealt with the council in regards to accommodation? I got a call from one of the staff in assessment section of our CC today.

She said she wanted to discuss my housing needs and went on to ask me about my income, if I'm living with anyone aside my children ( I'm not), where my ex lives, if I'm getting maintenance, if I've had any convictions, how much is my rent at the moment, my GP's information, if I'm able to climb stairs ( I have a bad knee) and other informations.

Anyone know why she needed those informations?

May I mention that I've been on the housing waiting list for nearly 13yrs this year and 2yrs ago it was upgraded to medical grounds due to my condition.

I have sometimes been in touch with our CC to enquire if anything has become available but I kept getting the same line of "we have no suitable accommodation to offer you at the moment, when something becomes available in your areas of choice you'll be considered with other eligible applicants."

I just want to know if the call may have to do with being considered for a place?

Thank you all and apologies for the lengthy write up.

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

There is a points system used to allocate housing based on need. If you currently have to climb 5 flights of stairs to a top floor flat you will be given additional points and gain priority over someone healthy in the same situation. The number of people you live with is relevant to the size of unit you may be offered. Your ability to pay for your own housing is also relevant.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Q10

Thank you so much for the explanation, much appreciated.

Advertisement